.300 weatherby load--200 Accubiond?

rgalan

Beginner
Feb 24, 2006
Has anyone worked this load? If so please help. Time is running out and my new rifle comes in on Wednesday. I have my trusty .338 Ultra Mag shooting 225gr Accubonds and want to take my new .300 weatherby as my back up rifle using 200 gr Accubonds. The rifle is a Vanguard SubMOA.
You guys have always been a ton of help......thanks in advance!!!
Rene

I would try some H4831, Fed 215 with the 200 AB. H4831 seems to work VERY well in the 300WBY in many bullets weights. I would think you will see your best accuracy at or near the upper end of the listed load for that powder and bullet weight. Work up slowly to max pressure for your rifle and watch for the signs of over pressure.

Start at 81 gr of RL 25 or retumbo and work up

Im getting the best speed/accuracy out of the IMR4831 out of my 300wby ultralight wieght. I would say to start there. Im interested on how your gun will like the accubonds. I havent had too much luck with them in my gun but theres always next year to mess around again with loads. Right now its the TSX that is shoot well for me.

There is also anouther forum page you can try. Its all weatherby stuff with lots of good loads to try. If I can find the link ill post it for you.

Thanks for the replies. I will try these for sure. I have aslo read about superior accuracy using 180 TSX. Any comments on Elk application of this load would help.
Thanks
Dr. Galan

Ill post it on here how the TSX bullets work for me (168gr) Im a little hesitent because of my experience with the similar style of the Fail safe bullet. I have shot grizzly bears at under 50yds with them and the bullets never opened up and had to shoot one in the head as it charged to about 25yds and had already been shot twice in the lungs.

Anyways good luck getting a load ready for hunting season

You might also want to consider the 180 gr E-Tip.
This is one penetrating powerhouse!

JD338

Well I ried the load listed today for the 200 AB using RL22. I loaded 76gr through 80gr and got a top speed of 2988. Poor groupings in my MOA Weatherby. I will have to try another bullet, I guess.
Rene

Take a look at H4831, H1000 and RL25 powders for the 200 gr AB in the 300 Wby.

JD338

I would try imr4831 or h4831 before giving up, unless your in a rush then I would switch bullets nowand work on the accubonds when you get more time.

Back