300 win mag

thebear

Beginner
Jun 28, 2009
I'm new to this forum and fairly new to reloading. I want to use 165gr accubonds, IMR 4831, and Fed215mag primers. So my question is on the seating depth? The nossler guide recommends to exceed the O.A.L. as long as thebullet is not in contact with the lands of the barrel and the magazine length will permit. What has worked for you?

I start about .015 off the lands. I find a powder primer combo that shows good signs and then adjust the seating depth to dial it all in.
Welcome to the forun by the way.

Thanks for the info. What has other loaders experience with this load and what has their O.A.L. been. I have been told that a magnum likes a running start.

Every rifle is different in it's likes and dislikes. My 300Win Mag is 15-20 thousants off the lands, not exactly what I would call a running start. I use 76.0 grs IMR-4831 behind a 165 gr bullet.Rick.

Welcome to the forum bud. The best luck I have ever had was with any weight in the 300 win was with h4831 and rl22.

I used a O.A.L. of 3.46" becuase that is what the magazine lenght allowed for, and three different loads: federal 215, 165 accubonds, and imr 4831. The loads were 72gr, 73gr, and 74gr. The 72gr load was the best for me pressure wise and on paper. So I will load up acouple of boxes, go and do some more shooting and be ready for September 10!! :grin:

I'm also just getting into reloading,and have a Remington 7mm Mag and Ruger 300 Win. Mag.The only powders I've been able to find are 2 pounds Ramshot Magnum,and 1 pound of Imr 7828.Does anyone have any good loads for these powders?
I will be using Nosler 150 grain BT in the 7mm,and Hornady 150 grain SST in the 300 mag.

hotdog

Welcome to the forum.
Keep an eye out for RL 22. It will work great in both the 7mm Rem Mag and the 300 Win Mag.

JD338

hotdog, for the 7Mag, 68.0grs IMR-7828, Fed 215M primer, 150gr NBT. Yhat load has worked well in several 7mags that I have loaded for.Rick.

I'm going to work up some loads with the Ramshot Magnum and 7828 powder.I hope to get some good accuracy out of these powders with it being so hard to find powder.I also have a Ruger 22-250 and I found 1 pound of Varget and 1 pound of Ramshot Tac for it.I've tried some of each powder, and so fare I like the Tac better than the Varget.I was using 34.5 grains of Tac behind a Nosler BT,and got better accuracy with it than any of the loads I tried with Varget.

hotdog":27ysf3va said:
I also have a Ruger 22-250 and I found 1 pound of Varget and 1 pound of Ramshot Tac for it.I've tried some of each powder, and so fare I like the Tac better than the Varget.I was using 54.5 grains of Tac behind a Nosler BT,and got better accuracy with it than any of the loads I tried with Varget.

I think you have a typo on the charge weight. :?
What weight BT are you shooting in your 22--250?

JD338

hotdog

No worries, you are among friends here. 8)

Here is my load with the 50 gr BT in a M700 VLS 22-250.
22-250Rem50grBT398.jpg

JD338

Back