300WM load Question

emanon6":2g5fkrb9 said:
DrMike":2g5fkrb9 said:
Welcome aboard, emanon6. Glad you worked out the problem and pleased that you found this forum. You'll find good, knowledgeable people willing to help fellow shooters/hand loaders.
Thanks Drmike!

On kind of the same note, I've heard lots of stories about how temp. sensitive RL 22 is. Some say that Alliant stabilized the formula and it works great for them, while others have written it off. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last load development with my new custom 300 Win Mag was with RL-22 and 180 Accubonds and CCI 250 primers with Norma brass, looks like I found a node between 73.6 and 74.4 grains. Testing was at 300 yards and results made me grin. I may have pulled a little left on last group. I have not used the chrono yet, but will on next trip out. Just need to go back out and confirm with three shot groups but work has hampered my ability to get out and shoot. It's strictly a hunting rifle.
RL-22 should work nicely for you.
D4VXA3I.jpg

KX2ciCZ.jpg

1jmg8W1.jpg

TackDriver284":n7rjxqox said:
emanon6":n7rjxqox said:
DrMike":n7rjxqox said:
Welcome aboard, emanon6. Glad you worked out the problem and pleased that you found this forum. You'll find good, knowledgeable people willing to help fellow shooters/hand loaders.
Thanks Drmike!

On kind of the same note, I've heard lots of stories about how temp. sensitive RL 22 is. Some say that Alliant stabilized the formula and it works great for them, while others have written it off. Any input?

My last load development with my new custom 300 Win Mag was with RL-22 and 180 Accubonds and CCI 250 primers with Norma brass, looks like I found a node between 73.6 and 74.4 grains. Testing was at 300 yards and results made me grin. I may have pulled a little left on last group. I have not used the chrono yet, but will on next trip out. Just need to go back out and confirm with three shot groups but work has hampered my ability to get out and shoot. It's strictly a hunting rifle.
RL-22 should work nicely for you.
D4VXA3I.jpg

KX2ciCZ.jpg

1jmg8W1.jpg
nice shooting

Back