.308 cal 150 or 165 NBT

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
I am looking to try out some 150 or 165 grain NBT and I am just wondering if anyone have some on hand that I can buy so I can test out before I go and buy some at the store and find out they dont work to well. Thank you

corbin9191

What are you shooting and what are you going to be hunting?
Sorry, I don't have any 3008 cal bullets.

JD338

JD338":2c8h7myv said:
corbin9191

What are you shooting and what are you going to be hunting?
Sorry, I don't have any 3008 cal bullets.

JD338
Sorry I left that part out, I will be using these in a 308 winchester. The main purpose of these bullets will be to see if my rifle likes tham and if they do then I will stock up on them at cabelas. I will use these bullets on deer and smaller game. If I go elk hunting with this gun then I will use the 165 grain accubonds.

Imo, the 165 AB will be the bullet to use on deer, elk and bear and it will most likely shoot great in your 308. I think it will be the cheapest route to go in the long run to use one bullet, one load, and one zero.

I thought about shooting the 120 BT in my 7mm08 because I've heard good things about them but then I decided to go with 140 AB for the same reasons I suggested to you. One bullet for everything I would ever use that cartridge for and my buddies really have a lot good things to say about them vs the BT bullets for both deer and hogs.

corbin9191

Yote nailed it. Use the 165 g AB for everything in your 308 Win and don't look back.

JD338

Back