glass beded in hs precision stock.
jewell trigger
nightforce bases and rings
NIGHTFORCE scope.
custom muzzlebreak.
Will be cerakoted.

CZ":34v6l7sm said:
the barrel is 31.5in long plus muzzlebreak

I didn't know they made powders that slow! :twisted: Seriously, awesome rifle with plenty of authority.

CZ":dembr7cj said:
the barrel is 31.5in long plus muzzlebreak

That'll do! I imagine you're going to have to order an extra long cleaning rod and case for that beast! I assume you're planning on running a 300 grainer of some sort through it? Berger? Nosler? Sierra? Lapua?

will run 285gr hornadys and 300 Sierras, will try also Nosler AccuBond 300gr, im building also a .338 lapua in a Montana Professional hunter action, will post some pics also during this next month.

Looking good CZ.
The 338 300 gr AB is a pretty darn good bullet.

JD338

CZ":hqwo45k9 said:
will run 285gr hornadys and 300 Sierras, will try also Nosler AccuBond 300gr, im building also a .338 lapua in a Montana Professional hunter action, will post some pics also during this next month.

I've ran all three of those out of an Edge as well. Of the three, the 285's shot the best for me. They're all good bullets.

Looks as though you have a great rifle going for you. Lots of potential there. !!!!

Several years ago I had assembled most of the components for the .338 Edge build - then backed out of it as I realized I wasn't all that serious about long-range hunting.

Had a Rem 700 .300 RUM barreled action, a laminated Joel Russo long-range laminated stock, a 4.5-14x scope, 20 MOA TPS base & rings, a Timney trigger, and a box of 500 of the 300 gr Sierra Matchkings.

Didn't have the dies or barrel when I called a halt to the project and sold all the components except the scope. It found a home on my .300 WSM - which is also a fine long-range rifle.

I do remain impressed with the .338 Edge, .338 RUM, and .338 Lapua - they're excellent long range rifle cartridges - just realized it wasn't something that I was going to use much.

Guy

Back