35 caliber accubond available at Midway

teach34

Beginner
Sep 29, 2004
Just checking the Midway site and the 35 caliber 225 grain accubonds are now available. Nosler, what is their BC?

can someone tell me what the expansion rate of the 35 AccuBond is when compared to the 35 BT?

The BT performs well on deer for me... punches in with a pencil hole, opens up and comes out the other side with a bit of authority... I am concerned the AB won't open up quite as well or as fast in a short body cavity span...

Hey JD:

Having a party now that you can stoke the Whelen with AB's? :lol: :lol:

Just wondering if the AccuBond is going to be too long for the .358 just like the B/T is for the Whelen and not to be used in the .358?

I emailed nosler in regards to the 35 AccuBond. Once again those of us shooting the short action 35s were forgotten about. The AccuBond is the same length as the ballistic tip. So if you have a 358 or a 350 remington mag you just like me are of luck.

mike7mm08":3m3vayo4 said:
I emailed nosler in regards to the 35 AccuBond. Once again those of us shooting the short action 35s were forgotten about. The AccuBond is the same length as the ballistic tip. So if you have a 358 or a 350 remington mag you just like me are of luck.

I also shoot a .358 Win, in my case a rebarreled Model 7.

I sure wish they'd make us .35 guys a 200-gn AccuBond! I have killed deer with a 200-gn factory Winchester Silvertip load, a 225-gn Partition, and then this year 2 deer with the 200-gn Hornady. They all worked fine but I'd love a "sexier" 200-gn bullet to shoot.

One idea I've had is to grind most of the tip off of the AccuBond. That would get a guy almost two tenths of an inch of OAL, and really, what do you lose? A little trajectory? Not really an issue with a 300-yard caliber like .358.

-jeff

Back