358win Range Report

barthowes

Beginner
Feb 20, 2010
Finally got out with my home made savage 16 in 358 win.. Being as i only had a limited supply of 225gr partitions to do my load development.I was only shooting 3 shot groups. This was the winner. 55.5gr TAC, Win brass, CCI LRM primer, and 225PT seated 0.010" off lands. As you can see from the pic the bottom right bullet went almost exactly into a previous hole only leaving a small black ring to the right. I'll chrono them next time i go out.

Attachments

• 55.5grTAC 225grPT.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 540
I've shot 49.0gr of TAC behind the 225gr PT out of my 20" BLR and average velocity was 2450fps. I'm thinking your 55.5gr is a typo?

Superb group!

The accuracy is certainly present. I agree that your load would be awfully stiff, even were you able to stuff that much TAC in the case!

Great shooting, look forward to seeing what the FPS is.
That is some good advice on load as well.
No matter what you do have it dialed in.

Blessings,
Dan

yup that was a typo for sure 45.5gr of TAC. Ramshot advised me a max of 46. 46 open up to 0.5" and 46.5 and 47 got just over 1". Still none are that bad. I worked up to 47 still with zero pressure signs, but this was the most accurate. none of my loads even up to 47 were compressed, but that was due to the ability to seat them so far out. The only thing I don't like is the barrel i put on copper fouls like no other I've had. I'll have to invest in some copper remover as it take alot of work with a CLP type cleaner I currently have

WOW! That makes it all worth while right there! Great shooting!

PT's have been very accurate for me. Plus, they are pure poison on deer.

Back