375 H&H On Whitetails.

Lars":25wjsyg8 said:
I have shot a lot of roedeer and moose with the 375 H&H, even fox. I dont think there is anything worth hunting that cant be hunted with this round. I used to stick to 300 gn. gamekings, and they are great, but now I have converted to 260 accubonds, and they do the same job with better trajectory.
If you use a 375 and worry more about where the game is than were it was, youre doing fine.

To some previous posters:

Not aiming for the shoulder, heart, lungs area is stupid!

True dat!

My buddy takes his out after coyotes before he heads to Africa. I've seen him take 3 coyotes with it. Nothing wrong with getting a little practice with your rifles.

I shot a coyote a couple a weeks ago with my .300 Win Mag (handloaded 180gr Accubonds) at 40 yards. That was the first animal I'd killed with this rifle. Brings up the confidence.

Colin":323av61j said:
My buddy takes his out after coyotes before he heads to Africa. I've seen him take 3 coyotes with it. Nothing wrong with getting a little practice with your rifles.

I shot a coyote a couple a weeks ago with my .300 Win Mag (handloaded 180gr Accubonds) at 40 yards. That was the first animal I'd killed with this rifle. Brings up the confidence.

++1

JD338

JD338":2nm4y4jp said:
284LUVR

The 375 H&H on deer........perfect!!!!
Load up the 260 gr AB and kill some deer. You should be able to eat right up to the bullet hole. :lol: Even at 2700 fps, meat damage will be minimal.

JD338

Ahhhhh... not in my experience! Here's a picture (nearly actuall size) of the ENTRANCE wound into the chest cavity of a large-bodied Blacktail (200+ pounds). Distance was 75 yards, .375 H&H w/260 Accu-Bond @2650... the entire front half of the deer was hammered, and I hit nothing but rib-cage. Deer went down hard though, so did the next one with similar results.
375Spike.jpg
[/img]

And this is how we learn what happens in actuallity.....

The first time I shot a rock with the .375 it became a personal favorite of mine. This deer and another were shot with a buddies .375 AWR custom shop rifle this past October. I can't imagine a better cartridge... it has the clout to handle any task, and with the 260 Accu-bond it has excellent ranging capabilities (we were shooting clays at 400 the first day he had it). If there's a better elk/bear rifle on the planet, I've yet to see it.

DDP

Welcome to the forum.

FYI, Nosler is going to offer a 375 cal 300 gr AB in 2008.
Should be a hammer at 400 yds. :wink:

JD338

Back