375 Ruger 300 gr Accubond

Wow Gerry that is fantastic performance. Nosler really hit a home run when they designed and came out with the Accubonds!! I love those bullets.

300 H&H":2hvdelnc said:
gerry":2hvdelnc said:
You're welcome. Big Game is almost impossible to get right now, RL 17 should work quite well in the 375 Ruger. Good luck.
gerry, RL 17 worked good. 78.5grs. produced 1/2" group at 100yds. with the 300gr. AccuBond. Also tested the Woodleigh 350gr. PP and 73.0grs. of RL 17 produced 1" group at 100yds. Would post pictures of targets from phone but have technical difficulties with Photo Bucket. Is there another way to post pictures?

Here you go Mark, I'll let you elaborate on your targets (y)

Lou

SJB358":3vc72dsg said:
Not much to say. Looks like a 22-250!

Yep someone forgot to tell it that it isn't a varmint gun :) Nice shooting......

Thanks! I was tickled with the results. Between this two load I should have everything covered in the 375 Ruger. Will load each and shoot over chronograph. I am thinking the 300gr. AccuBond load would cover any thin skin game and the Woodleigh 350gr. PP would cover anything that charges or bites back. Note: this is the Ruger Guide Gun with the 20" barrel and no special work has been done with the rifle. Stock LC6 trigger set at 4 pound trigger pull. I have a Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x36mm duplex mounted with Alaskan Arms quick detach rings. I used this rifle last December on a damage control mule deer hunt and took a doe at 150yds. off hand using factory Hornady 270gr. load and was surprised that I didn't have any meat damage. Hit her high in front of shoulder and excited high behind other shoulder. She never took a step.

The 300 gr AB will do the job on everything but it is nice to have a bit of variety and use the 350's too. Those big heavy bullets are nice when it comes to not damaging meat.

Went out to the range and shot both the 300gr. AccuBond and Woodleigh 350gr. PP load over the chronograph this evening after work.
The 78.5grs. of RL17 with the 300gr. AccuBond averaged 2590fps. Extreme spread of 25fps. between 3-shot group.
The 73.0grs. of RL17 with the Woodleigh 350gr. PP averaged 2391fps. Extreme spread of 16fps. between 3-shot group.

Wow, that is some serious sorta power right there with both loads. That 350 at nearly 2400 is pretty strong medicine. Kinda sounds like puts the 375 in a whole nother class! Too cool.

I am tickled with the grouping and velocities on both loads. They say the KO factor is great with the 350gr. and puts the 375 in another class. POA on both loads are within 2". I am going to sight in the 300gr. AccuBond load dead on at 200yds and that should put the 350gr. load should be pretty close to 100yds. zero.

Looks like you have two great loads and speeds are good for a 20" barrel.

Back