404gr Shock Hammer 460 Wby

I often think about making my next build a 378 Wby. I’d probably end up with less money in it if I find a nice Mark V Deluxe.

I removed my previous post. After reading it I believe it could have been misinterpreted if someone wasn’t having a good Day. While I 100% intended it as humorous I removed it rather than have it misconstrued. My friends here are too important to chance offending anyone accidentally.
Can't imagine anyone getting too bent out of shape when it is obvious that the intent was to be humorous. Most posting here are pretty laid back. If someone wants to start an argument or insult, they discover pretty quickly that such doesn't work here. It's a good group. Oh, yeah, and have a blessed day of Thanksgiving. May God bless America.

I often think about making my next build a 378 Wby. I’d probably end up with less money in it if I find a nice Mark V Deluxe.
My son has the 378 Wby , I built myself the 375 Wby instead. Given Wby prices you might be able to build a nice 378 for less.

No worries on this end. Funny part I was planning on doing a 7mm-378 when I rebarreled my 30-378. Then there comes a point of serious overbore with no improvement , so I went 28” 30-378.
A 7mm - 378 Bee would have been a screamer. I wonder what the velocity would be. :eek: A 7mm -300 Bee is is the neighborhood of 3500 fps. with a 140
A heavyweight like a 175 -195 grain will be a best choice for this high velocity round to hold together. A 195 grain EOL Berger would have been nice to reach the next mountain.

Last edited:
My results

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230716_133748_Range Buddy Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20230716_133748_Range Buddy Pro.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 7
Back