416 Ruger 77

If LimbSaver does not make a pre-fit pad for that particular model, you can buy a grind to fit model and install, or have it installed, on your rifle for a proper fit.

Just had a brief standoff with a young brown bear in my chicken coop. Felt good to have the ruger freshly tested. Luckily he minded his manners and left without incident
My first thought reading your encounter this morning was; made it through the night without having to run one out of camp. August was when things started to change, Sockeye had pushed through, the pickings were not quite as good and the bears seemed to do more than slip through camp. Then I remembered I’m 1500 miles away. Of every thing I miss about guiding in Alaska, the bears are at the top of my list.
Glad your youngster made a good decision. I had pretty good luck running them off with less lethal shotgun rounds. Made an impression on them:)

Glad your youngster made a good decision. I had pretty good luck running them off with less lethal shotgun rounds. Made an impression on them:)
I picked up a can cannon a couple years ago as a novelty item. It uses a blank to fire either a soda can at 100mph or a golf ball quite a bit faster. I hesitate to bounce a golf ball or soda can off of one but have thought a tennis ball at Mach Jesus might get one’s attention.

We have been over run with bears the last few weeks. Worse it’s been in years. I’ve had a small black bear raiding neighborhood garbage and even up on the porch a few times. We don’t put out garbage so he hasn’t been too much trouble for us until he discovered my traeger drip bucket. This young brown bear had snuck thru the yard a few times but had left the chickens alone until now. He didn’t even get any chickens just ate some feed.

I think I’ll load a tennis ball in the can cannon and leave it by the back door. It’s loud as hell and I doubt will do any damage to the bear. Hopefully it will scare some sense into them.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5294.jpeg
    IMG_5294.jpeg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1898.jpeg
    IMG_1898.jpeg
    511.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I bet that works. We had some guests bring up a potato gun one year, think they fished with us 17 years. Any way we never seemed to get it in action quick enough to do any good.

Back