6.5 accubonds

Hey Nosler, any hints about if and when they might be made available? Would be happy to test some in a so-so Howa 6.5x55. The added length would be good for the long throat in my particular rifle.

140 grain would be sweet, but probably to long for the 1-9 twist shooters.
I really like the AccuBond and am starting to change loads to them.

120 gr. would be my preferred weight in my 260 Rem 1-8" twist, but I certainly would take a 125 gr.

Please no 140 gr., not too many people use the 264 Win Mag compared to the 260/6.5x55 shooters :eek: :(

Response to pop the .257 weatherby can only match the .264 velocity with 100grainers verses .257 with 85 grainers.my .264 shoots 100gr. bt at 3900fps chrony verified with 24in barrel and less powder than the .257. :wink:

Man that is screaming. The best I got was 3600 fps with 100 gr Partitions with RL22

Yeh it surprised me when i looked at the chrony i thought it was a false reading so did my uncle so i shot 2 more rounds the 2 shot was 3885 the 3 third shot was 3893. I mean no disregard for the .257 weatherby awsome caliber just costly rifles.I have a mark 5 in .340 love it.A handful when you pull the trigger.

Hmmmm,no response from nosler,must be too busy making accubonds for all those big bad boy calibers :cry:

I got 2 of the best big bad boy calibers made the .338 win.mag. and a .340 weatherby. So i know what the big bad boy calibers are. :lol:

Heh 264winmag, no problem,what do you use for bullets in those guys. Three of us at deer camp bought new guns this year. One guy bought a ruger single shot 375 H&H, another guy bought a CZ 9.3X62, and I bought a 260 rem LSS. One extreme to another,heh? We all are shooting partitions.

I mostly shot 200gr bal. tips until nosler came out with 180gr bal.tips now i shoot those. I tried 210 scirrocos they would not group best group was 3in.in the .338 ruger ss.I did not play with seating depth that may have been the problem.While at the target range with the scirrocos i had some 180 bal.tips on hand tried those .75in. group at 100 yards. those bal.tips sure shoot good in every thing you put them in. I would like to know why they are so accurate.

My Ruger MKII in 260 Remington would be very-very happy to shoot a 125-130 AccuBond to harvest some Deer and Elk, and fill our freezer with meat for the long cold Winter.

Greyfox

Back