6.5 Creedmore Rifles?

They have offered a 6.5x55 in the past Vince, just not currently.

If they were to offer a 6.5 anything I would be all over it. I love my 264, so have a little brother to that rifle would be nice!

I had a CZ 550 Mannlicher stocked 6.5x55mm. In a moment of paternal weakness I allowed my (3) sons into my gun safe to each choose a rifle, a shotgun and a handgun. My oldest son grabbed my CZ 6.5 mm and practically ran to his truck to lock it up, before I changed my mind. Plus, because he had a shotgun, I also let him take my 1895 Marlin Guide Gun. I am afraid to buy another 6.5. With (3) grandsons, I would be cleaned out of another 6.5x55 tout suite!

I have been looking at the 6.5x55 Sako Bavarian rifles but for me, not for my (3) grandsons. Maybe next year?

Oldtrader3":115yeskj said:
I have been looking at the 6.5x55 Sako Bavarian rifles but for me, not for my (3) grandsons. Maybe next year?

That one is a beauty Charlie. I have looked at that one as well. I really like how they put the 1-8 twist on them and they look very portable. I bet they are insanely accurate as well.

From talking to the people on this site who have various Model 85 Sako's, including me. They are very accurate and well made rifles.

I went with a Savage Long Range Hunter for my 6.5 x 284 and they do make it in a 6.5 Creedmoor as well.

maverick2":2trpq55e said:
"High quality" can be pretty subjective based on personal taste, but factory rifle offerings are fairly limited still for the 6.5CM. I don't know your feelings about Savage and quality, but they offer the 6.5 CM in a number of different models that would be considered "long range ready" right out of the box, one of them being the model 12 LRP. Weatherby makes the 6.5 CM in the Vanquard S2, and Ruger offers the caliber as well in a couple models. Thompson Center offered the 6.5 CM in their ICON line-up (discontinued last year) as well. Of those four, the Savage and TC are probably the consensus favorites for being the most inherently accurate. I just picked up the 6.5 CM in a TC ICON Precision Hunter and am impressed so far.
How the heck did you find that???????????

That's like finding a unicorn!

I wonder if Smith and Wesson is ever going to reissue the Icon or not? Since they now own T/C, the corporate shroud has descended on this entire product line?

That TC Icon is real nice. I real like the Ultrawood they use on their rifles. Very accurate too.

.280 Remington":34h2twmr said:
maverick2":34h2twmr said:
"High quality" can be pretty subjective based on personal taste, but factory rifle offerings are fairly limited still for the 6.5CM. I don't know your feelings about Savage and quality, but they offer the 6.5 CM in a number of different models that would be considered "long range ready" right out of the box, one of them being the model 12 LRP. Weatherby makes the 6.5 CM in the Vanquard S2, and Ruger offers the caliber as well in a couple models. Thompson Center offered the 6.5 CM in their ICON line-up (discontinued last year) as well. Of those four, the Savage and TC are probably the consensus favorites for being the most inherently accurate. I just picked up the 6.5 CM in a TC ICON Precision Hunter and am impressed so far.
How the heck did you find that???????????

That's like finding a unicorn!

Yeah, I'd be more likely to sell the unicorn we have stashed in our barn than that TC Icon.

I put about 50 rounds through mine yesterday, even in 20 mph crosswinds I had no trouble smacking steel at 385 yards.

Back