6.5 Grendel

56e289c76a3788bb3c9f276e3d80bc06.jpg

Shot this decent 5 shot group at 330 yards while checking zero before shooting the swingers. It's the best one out of the 6.5 Grendel yet. I have 60 rounds thru it now so hopefully it's starting to break in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 6.5 Grendel and really enjoy it. I shoot the 107 Sierra's and it will shoot .5-.75" all day long. I don't have the load right now but I use IMR XBR 8208. For brass, I am shooting IMI 7.62 brass that was fireformed.

I built this rifle before there was factory ammo and very limited supplies of brass. I have a Vortex on it and it shoots great. When I built it, the options were 16" or 24" barrels. I have the 16" Alexander Arms barrel but I wish it was longer.

Always thought the 6.5 Grendel was a really cool cartridge. An AR is out of the question here, I wish someone would come out with a good bolt gun or single shot in the round. Seems like a nice alternative to a 223.

I saw the Howa's after I posted, looks like a nice gun. If they import them into Canada I'll have to take a look, I bet the laws here will require a different magazine.

Back