6.5MM CT Bullet selection

tsr1965

Beginner
Oct 7, 2004
Who out there is with me, for Combined Technologies to add 6.5MM bullets to their line ? If there are any interests, lets hear it.

well since Winchester will probably never load the 260 Remington or load premium 6.5x55 ammo, I doubt we will see any CT loads soon. If a 6.5WSM was introduced, then yes, I could see a 125 gr. AccuBond CT or even a 140 gr. Partition Gold...but dont hold your breath. :oops:

Naw, the CT stuff is totally dependant on what Winchester feels that they can market. They wont market any 6.5 ammo, and they don't sell the CT bullets for reloading purposes. I think that todbartell hit the nail on the head. But I doubt that Win's relase of a 6.5 cart will happen, as I'm sure they feel the caliber is too obscure. You can look at their current line of BST ammo and see that the major hunting cartridge offerings are 7mm, and 30 cals with 270, 25, and 243 trailing. No 6.5 at all. I think we are going to soon see them offering 25WSSM ammo with the AccuBond CT in the 110gr, with a possibility of a 6mm 90gr-100gr on the horizon in the 243WSSM.

I also doubt that winchester will produce a 6.5 WSM, although they might as well since the .264 Win Magnum is pretty much dead already. too bad because I think a .264 WSM would knock the socks off the .260 Remington and the 7mm-08. And it seems to me that there are a lot of people (like me) rediscovering the virtues of the 6.5 bullet and the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser as a very capable light recoiling cartridge. I do hope that Nosler will produce an AccuBond in 6.5, and frankly don't care if it weighs anywhere from 115 gr to 140 grains. Whichever they feel will be most effective.

Loud and Clear!

The 6.5 like others have posted will be dependent on Winchester. If a 6.5 AB were to be introduced then my money is that Winchester would find a way to introduce some ammo. Due to there sales of BST and ABCT ammo.

NOSLER....are you saying we need to start beating down Winchester's door for a new 6.5 ?

It wouldn't hurt!! Because the CT is a strategic product line, both parties have to be willing.

to mshaffer....Think of a 260 like this. Because the 6.5 bullets are so efficient, it is a cartrige that hits the shoulder like a 243, and hits way out like a 308. It is truly amazing, and any 6.5 cartrige is like that.

Maybe winchester should try to look across the Atlantic to find out that there is a huge market there for 6.5 mm bullets. It is the most used caliber used for hunting in Scandinavia. But we need the bullets in 140 grains since according to the law that is the minimum weight to be used for hunting e.g. Moose.

KV

It is obvious that our friends at Nosler are listening. Now, if Winchester
is listening, bring out a 6.5 WSM or the 6.5x284 which is after all, based
on a Winchester cartridge. If you like varmint cartridges and thus
appreciate the performance of smaller bullets then a 6.5 is a logical
bullet for a hunting rifle. I have been amazed that the 260 Remington
is dying while the 6.5 Swede is doing well. I thought all the .243
shooters would move up to the 260 REM for deer and larger game.

Just my $.02 worth.

Old Elk Hunter

Recoil doesn't kill game so why use magnums so much?

Back