6MM Remington reloading

Guy Miner":k3tec27k said:
Northwoods - have you loaded up any 6mm ammo yet?

Have had my very best results at the range, and on deer, with the 95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip. Very accurate, and surprisingly strong. Has shown excellent penetration & expansion on mule deer.

On the other hand, there's not a thing wrong with the 100 gr Nosler Partition either...

Load either bullet over a max charge of RL-22, and you'll see 3,000+ fps, likely with good accuracy as well. Work up to that though, as with any max charge.

Looking forward to a range report and maybe even seeing a deer tag or two filled by the little old 6mm!

Regards, Guy

I am chomping at the bit but have not gotten her out to the range yet...I have 95gr BTs and also 100gr NPTs to try. I got my dies and also topped her with a new Leupold 4x12x40. I am hoping to take Longwinters out with me next weekend...I will post a range report! :grin:

JD338":pkb8nqwh said:
usmc 89":pkb8nqwh said:
RiverRider":pkb8nqwh said:
Remington is famous for bad decisions in releasing new cartridges. The 6mm is just one of them. If they had done that one right from the get-go, the 6mm probably would have been far more successful. They screwed up on the .280 also. The .41 Mag should have been a roaring success also, but the first ammo offerings poisoned its future also. Too bad.

not to rip on Remington anymore but I agree, the 260 being another shining example, I am not sure but I think a 120 g AccuBond was the flagship bullet for that release. I am glad someone saw the potential and ran with it.
Looks like its doing just fine now.

Thats because the Mkgt folks at Remington think speeds sells. Look at the 7mm RUM and a 140 gr bullet. If I am not mistaken, the 160 gr loads came after the initial offering of 140 grs.

JD338

Not to mention how they all but destroyed the 7mm express/280 rem

Back