74 Years Old, 300 Ultra and 180 Accubonds Take A Big Bull

hightopoutfitter

Beginner
Oct 9, 2008
2009 High Top Outfitters, 74 year old Hunter Jim Kreig took this great bull with High Top Outfitters Guides Jay Simon, Paul Anthony and Rhett Sorensen. In the backcountry on horseback the hunt came together in a big way.

The 300 Remington Ultra Mag and 180 Nosler Accubonds got the job done! Guide and Videographer Jay Simon caught the harvest on video and it will be released at a later time on our website.

I prepare our clients each year for these Utah trophy elk hunts and our success with Nosler Accubonds and Partitions is nothing short of incredible. Thanks to the Nosler Team for great products!

Our clients, family and friends all reap the benefits of your great products.

JimBull2.jpg

Congratulations to you, your team and the 74 yr young hunter. You fellas did a great job on a very nice bull.

JD338

Congratulations fellas. Great bull! What was the range?

Outstanding! Great bull. The .300 Ultra and Nosler Bullets is a great combo for sure. That 74 year old looks lean and fit!

HighTop - have you encountered any problems at all with Accubonds on elk or mule deer?

They seem almost too good to be true with what I read here and elsewhere. I've only shot a few, some 260's through my .375 H&H, but dang, they were accurate...

Guy Miner,

So far we have not had one problem with the Accubonds. They shoot accurate. I encourage my clients to get Federal Premium in the Accubonds because of our success. We shot a big 360 class 6 point bull at 60 yards on Sept. 24th. It entered at a slight angle and hit just above the front shoulder. I recovered the 300 Win MAg, 180 grain AccuBond just under the hide on the opposite side, I would guess it retained about 100 grains and opened up to about 60 caliber. Very impressive. It took out both shoulders and put the bull down immediately. I killed my bull in 2007 with a 120 Partition in my .257 Weatherby Mag. I don't know what else to say other than Nosler makes great bullets!!! Barnes has their main factory about 70 miles from us and would probly sponsor us. I personally use, promote and believe in Nosler bullets. I will not change. They have proven to be a great product time and time again. Each time somebody pulls the trigger I enjoy the results. Terminal!!!!!!!!!!!

Back