7mm Rem Mag Accubond

Deadeye

Beginner
Feb 10, 2005
Working on a Load for a friend using the new AB 160G. Looking for load data for 7mm Rem Mag? Will be using the new Nosler Brass. Thanks
Deadeye

Our most accurate powder for the 7mm Rem Mag with the 7mm- 160AB was Viht N165. Starting load was 57.0gr with max load being 61.0gr. Federal 215 primer. As always start low and watch for signs of pressure.

I like RL22 & IMR7828 in my 7mag. Start @ 61gr & work up. 7828 is a bit slower & usually requires 1gr more to get the same vel. as RL22.

I use 60 gr.Imr 4831 fo my 7 mag.with a 160gr. bullet,I've never shot or loaded the AccuBond but have had good luck with this using fail-safe bullets.

I have a Sako 75 with a 24 and 7/8 inch barrel. Mine loves the 160 gr accubonds with reloder 22 powder. I started at 61 grains and used my chronograph to read pressure. At 65 gr I got 3050 from mine. The manual vary quite a bit for the 7mm Rem Mag as pressure comes quick. The Lyman manual and the older Hornady suggest 66 gr is max, start low and work up as usual.

Deadeye--I've loaded 7mmremmag for 25 years and taken alot of game with the Ruger M77. Took an elk last winter in New Mexico with 160 gr AB loaded with 60 gr IMR 4350 that was producing nice groups at 200 yds at the range. The bullet performed flawlessly on the elk with no sign of fragmentation after shattering a shoulder and exiting the neck at just over 200 yds.

Hope that helps,

jd

THANKS JD:
I got an opportunity to shoot IMR 4350 this weekend. Tried 56G, 58G,and 60 G loads. The gun seemed to favor 58G with a 4 shot.85" group. I tried shooting RL22 and the other above mentioned loads with eradict results. 58G of IMR 4350 is what this gun likes. Using the new Nosler Brass. Measured about 0.008 headspace "jump" after the first shooting with this gun. Anxious to resize to the shoulder and try again. Glad to hear it worked well on elk.
Deadeye

Deadeye--Glad to hear the 4350 worked well. I used to use mostly 4831 but found that the 4350 also produced good results in my .308 with 165 gr PT. I like minimizing variables and expense when possible.

jd

Hello, I am new here and I have a question that is very similar to Deadeye's:

Working on a Load for a friend using the new AB 160G. Looking for load data for 7mm Rem Mag? Will be using the new Nosler Brass.
I am somewhat new to reloading and have been doing and extensive amount of research on the subject. I was wondering if using Remington Brass would make any difference in the formula that Nosler2 posted, or is all brass pretty much the same.

Thanks,

Iamanoak

My Remington 700 Loves RL 22 :grin: 160 grain AccuBond w/ 64 grains RL 22.

e0224586.jpg

BlaserR93 wrote: "How about any load info with the 140 AccuBond?

This past season, I loaded the 140gr AccuBond in front of 70gr of IMR7828, using Federal 215 Primers and Winchester brass. At 10ft from the muzzle, the Chrony read right around 3200 fps and the accuracy at 200 yards showed four rounds inside 2". When I went hotter, the groups opened up. The load took a mature mule deer buck at 408 yards and a pronghorn at 275 yards. I am shooting a Browning B78 single shot rifle with 26" bbl. During tests, MagPro did as well as did the IMR7828.

Brass varies from manufacturer. Some is just better quality then others. Others weight more or less and will give you slight differences in pressure due to internal differences. Accuracy and velocity will change. I'll give a little example. I got my .222 and got 50 rounds federal brass with the gun. I worked up a super accurate load with the 40g btip and imr-4198. I was getting .2" groups at 100 yards for 3 shots. Well I needed more brass so I went and bought 100 of the winchester brass. I loaded up the same amount of powder and my groups opened up to .75" and my velocity was a little higher, about 40fps if I remember correctly. So yes, there is a slight bit of difference.

Remington25-06 wrote: ".....I got my .222 and got 50 rounds federal brass with the gun. I worked up a super accurate load with the 40g btip and imr-4198. I was getting .2" groups at 100 yards for 3 shots......"

That is truly phenominal shooting, given that one round from a .222cal rifle will punch a hole a little bigger than .224 inches! Shooting three rounds into a group measuring .2 inches is a true feat of grand proportions! :shock: :grin:

Without a doubt, .2" is great in anybodys book. But completely doable after subtracting caliber from group size.

Thanks remingtonman_25_06... Most of my brass is Remington because all I shot for the longest time was the factory 150gr Reminton Core-Loc for deer hunting...

This year I booked an elk hunting trip in Colorado for the first time and I wanted to make sure I was prepaired. The Outfitter that I booked with recomended the 160gr Nosler AccuBond... This led me to start reloading. I have not reloaded for many years and even then I was not very serious as I am now. I guess my best bet is to separate all of my cartridges by manufacturer and try progressively charging each lot from minimum charge to max...

Back