7mm08 brass.

Michael C. Smith

Beginner
May 24, 2016
Been shooting Hornady brass. I have had good luck with it some are on 8 to 9 reloads. Getting ready to buy some new brass. Was looking at the nosler and lapua brass. Thought I would ask yall opion. Stay with the cheaper Hornady or step up to the nosler or lapua?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My opinion has been to always stay with what works. If you're happy with the load you have and accuracy then I wouldn't switch. I've gotten some of my best loads using Remington brass. Then I talk to guys who you couldn't pay to use Remington brass.

lefty315":5dub51z9 said:
My opinion has been to always stay with what works. If you're happy with the load you have and accuracy then I wouldn't switch. I've gotten some of my best loads using Remington brass. Then I talk to guys who you couldn't pay to use Remington brass.

Good advice, there. I'm not a great fan of Remington brass, but as lefty315 states, some of my best loads are built on Remington brass. I confess to being a "brass snob," but truthfully, it can all be made to work just fine. The real issue is whether the hand loader is looking for an easy time or wants to invest the time to ensure that everything works as it is supposed to work. Your technique is far more important than even the components you use.

Think I may just stick with the Hornady. But I might try a box of the nosler too late and since I am using the AccuBond that way the will match hahahaha! Thank yall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've only been using Hornady brass for a couple of year but so far no issues.
I haven't done more than two reloading cycles on any of them yet. Also I'm not one to push the loads to the extreme upper limit. Lots of rifle options if I want to go faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Winchester cases a few months back. I wish I had just spent a little more and got the Lapua...

I use Norma and Lapua brass, always in great shape out of the factory and great brass. They don't need as much attention as Remington / Winchester brass. No need to deburr the primer flash hole from the inside, its drilled out unlike cheaper brass which is punched out. I would use the Winchester or Remington brass ONLY if the cases mouths and brass body aren't deformed and dented when ordering them.

Back