8# kegs

NWBlacktail

Handloader
Dec 17, 2011
I bought my first 8# keg of powder, and received it yesterday. I feel like a grown up now. :mrgreen:

That is RL26. Now I saw they have 8#ers of Varget available! I load 3 guns with that stuff, its tempting. My bank account needs to recover a bit though. :roll:

Congrats on your purchase. I use to buy 4# jugs when I was shoot a lot of pistol competition. But couldn't justify a 8# keg, I don't shoot enough for that now.

Yeah, I'm trying to stalk up for the next presidential election. I'd like to have enough supplies to last me for a 2 or 3 year drought if everyone panic-buys.

…so I guess I'm pre-panic, panic buying... :lol:

I am down to 9.5 lbs of H4350...an 8-lb container with 8.5 lbs in it and a 1-lb container. I love 8-lb containers! For a 25-06 and a 30-06 that should last me through at least three or four years.

I also have a keg of Varget for my 6 BR. If I get low on H4350 I can get a 308 and just use it!

truck driver":25yx6bpi said:
Congrats on your purchase. I use to buy 4# jugs when I was shoot a lot of pistol competition. But couldn't justify a 8# keg, I don't shoot enough for that now.

Blasphemy! That's like saying you own too many guns... :mrgreen:

That is pretty much the only way I buy powder anymore. I shoot a lot of 12 gauge and action pistol though.

Same here, 5lb jugs since I shoot a bunch of Alliant but ive got a few 8lb'ers kicking around though. I'll only buy a 1lb'er to test, if it's good I search for an 8 or 5 pounder and smile. I hate running out of a powder I know works well.

Back