8x57 200gr Accubond

6.5_sWv

Beginner
Mar 5, 2019
Conducted a jug test recently with this bullet from my Sauer 8x57. Stats are as follows.
8x57 Sauer 100 22'' barrel
Nosler 200gr AccuBond
47.5gr VARGET
Federal brass
Winchester Large Rifle Primer
Avg Velocity is 2533fps.
Post impact weight of 162.6gr and expansion of .657. Textbook mushrooming, and like an AccuBond is supposed to be, no jacket / core separation.

zPOlF8.jpg

That is classic textbook expansion. The bullet with work very well on about any game you would care to hunt with that rifle/bullet combination. Reasonable weight retention, as well.

That is solid penetration and expansion. What kind of groups do you get with that bullet?

That's some serious penetration.As Mike mentioned, textbook performance.
Nice work.

JD338

Conducted a jug test recently with this bullet from my Sauer 8x57. Stats are as follows.
8x57 Sauer 100 22'' barrel
Nosler 200gr AccuBond
47.5gr VARGET
Federal brass
Winchester Large Rifle Primer
Avg Velocity is 2533fps.
Post impact weight of 162.6gr and expansion of .657. Textbook mushrooming, and like an AccuBond is supposed to be, no jacket / core separation.

zPOlF8.jpg

Am new here n 8x57 is one of favorites.
Havent gotten the chance to play with it or anything much of late Aghhh.

I seen some other tests you have done similar to this.. I was wondering if you had done anything with Sierra 150 175 PH,Speer 150, n Noslers other pills.?
Results on game??

I seen you had done one with the SST 170.I have some loaded I got just before this shortage hit.bit havent got around firing them.

Good reports btw thanks for sharing.

I seen some other tests you have done similar to this.. I was wondering if you had done anything with Sierra 150 175 PH,Speer 150, n Noslers other pills.?
Results on game??
Tiny, I haven't done any tests or hunting with the Speer 150, or Sierra 150. I'm still tinkering with those in load development. I've also used the 180gr Nosler BT to take a few deer. So far I've only recovered a core without the jacket but they've all performed well.
I did develop a great load for my rifle with the 175gr Sierra ProHunter. I did a jug test but I forgot to take pictures. I used this bullet to harvest my best whitetail this past year and I recovered a bullet. Ill take a few pics and post a report.

Back