9.3x62 MAUSER

CZ

Handloader
Jun 21, 2007
70% OF WORK DONE.- 9.3x62 Máuser.
lets see how does it finish.-

ZASTAVA MAUSER ACTION a classic
LILJA barrel at 26.5 in
Cerakoted metal in gray and desert sand.
ALWAYS use high tech .- legendary arms stocks on my projets, but this has a Bell and Carlson
Medallist

will be glassbeded and free floated, will use talley bases-rings and a 1.5x5 KAHLES scope.

Attachments

• lll.JPG
    lll.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 3,271
Promises to be a sweet rifle, CZ. For sure the 9.3X62 is a great cartridge that is underappreciated in NA.

This is the 9.3 that can be made by necking up .30-06 brass?

Rifle is looking solid. Dan Lilja has been making good barrels for a long time!

Guy

Yup, some would say the 9.3X62 is the parent cartridge for the 30-06 since it was introduced before the 30-06. :eek: 8) :mrgreen:

Nice... It's a pretty stout cartridge too, from what I've read - and so practical with that readily avail brass!

The PH I hunted with in Africa carried a 9.3. Head on it was almost impossible to tell the difference between that round and my 35 Whelen, until you really looked hard. I understand the 9.3x62 is allowed as an exception when the minimum cal is 375 for some dangerous game. I asked him why that rifle? First and foremost, it belonged to his Dad. Second, it just plain works! We talked about the comparison between the 35 and the 9.3 and weight for weight there doesn't seem to be enough difference to split hairs.

12 years ago I got a call at 10:30 one evening, the caller ID said Eastman. I was undoubtedly mad for the late call, especially when I already subscribed to their magazine. Turns out it was Chub Eastman!! I was headed to Canada to go black bear hunting with a guide he had recently hunted with. He was arranging to have something sent to the guide from Seattle and asked if I could pick it up and take it to him.

We ended up talking guns and such for about 45 minutes. I mentioned my desire at the time to have a 35 Whelen. I couldn't tell over the phone but his demeanor changed and I think his eyes lit up. He talked about how he thought it was a great cartridge and then tried to sway me to a 9.3x62. He really seemed to like the 9.3 and did mention Africa's acceptance of it.

I thought the 35 would be more versatile for due to variety of bullets so that's the route I took. But the 9.3x62 would do everything and more depending on the intended use. It will bring down game like the hammer of Thor, without obnoxious recoil. Plus there is a cool factor owning some of the metric cartridges!

I'm a huge fan of the 9.3x62 or 36 Whelen improved for us mericans. The heavier bullrts available for the 9.3 make it a natural when hunting stuff like moose and big bears. It's not just good for Africa.

I have a 9.3 scout built on a p17 enfield. Holds 6 down in that huge perch belly. The nosler 286 Partition is an amazing bullet. I launch mine at 2450 using H414 or rams hot powders. Works great on moose!

5d1cb3ae8540230f7ef753fc6bcb4e09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lefty 315

the 9.3 x 62 is well used and enjoyed on the dark continent and can be used in some jurisdictions for dangerous game, but not all. The 9.3 x 64 can be used in all jurisdictions when hunting dangerous game, even those that state 375 H & H is the minimum caliber allowed. Not a big deal, just thought you might be interested

CZ, that is a very beautiful rifle, congratulations

Best Regards

Jamila

It seems to be such an efficient cartridge and a bit easier to chamber a gun in, since you can use an'06length action.

Africa Huntress":yjn2i4ps said:
lefty 315

the 9.3 x 62 is well used and enjoyed on the dark continent and can be used in some jurisdictions for dangerous game, but not all. The 9.3 x 64 can be used in all jurisdictions when hunting dangerous game, even those that state 375 H & H is the minimum caliber allowed. Not a big deal, just thought you might be interested

CZ, that is a very beautiful rifle, congratulations

Best Regards

Jamila

I didn't know that, Jamila. However, that means I'm equipped to hunt the dark continent! Yahoo! (y)

Thebear_78":33m8oupo said:
I'm a huge fan of the 9.3x62 or 36 Whelen improved for us mericans. The heavier bullrts available for the 9.3 make it a natural when hunting stuff like moose and big bears. It's not just good for Africa.

I have a 9.3 scout built on a p17 enfield. Holds 6 down in that huge perch belly. The nosler 286 Partition is an amazing bullet. I launch mine at 2450 using H414 or rams hot powders. Works great on moose!

Is that the Bell & Carlson stock? Looks great!

Guy

Guy, that is a B&C carbelite stock on my p17. I did full length bed the action and had to lower the comb a tad to make it comfortable with the iron sights. After shaving the comb down I filled the pores with bondo and refinished the stock with spray on bedliner. All the metal was hard chromed for weather resistance. I also put a piece of rail on the forend for a weapon light. Another fun fact, it can be loaded with stripper clips!

It's a great shooter and often pulls backup duty while hunting and fishing. The capacity is very reassuring!

Well, I thought I recognized the stock, have one on my Model of 1917 as well, but so far have kept a .30 caliber barrel on the ol' war horse.

Guy

I like the 9.3x62...have owned 3 at one time or another. I gave one ( a CZ 550 carbine mannlicher) to my german descent SIL. He killed a really belligerent 300+ hog with it and the 286 TSX factory load. I personally use a 35 Whelen Ackley Improved which, to me, is closer to the 9.3x62 than the standard Whelen.

BINGO...............finished just liked it. 4x4 Armored for bad weather.

Attachments

• image1ssssssssssss.JPG
    image1ssssssssssss.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 3,082
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 3,082
  • wwwwwwwwwwwww.JPG
    wwwwwwwwwwwww.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 3,082
DrMike":7cknlr7t said:
Very handsome, CZ. Be fascinating to see how it shoots.

I agree with the Doc. Rifle looks great all set up. It'll be interesting to see how it shoots.

wil start testing next week, i have some Barnes tipped 250gr 9.3mm, maybe tomorrow will do some casual shooting. thanks you folk fer nice words, just finished this and start my .28 nosler, I have Winchester 70 moa action with a Krieger barrel installed, just wait for stock Mcmillan will take some time.

Back