Accubond load for 25 WSSM

I don't know about a 25wssm but RL22 works extremely well in my 25.06. That might be a good place to start. Mike

I use 40 grains of BL-C(2). This is a load I have not tweaked but it shoots under an inch at 100 yards. After deer season I plan to see just how accurate I can get with this powder and 85 grain BTs for coyotes and nutria. I think the 110 gr AB may be more of a big buck body shot round and I am more of a break a doe's neck kind of guy. I may work on a 100 gr Sierra load as well. Glad to have someone on this site (besides me) interested in the 25 wssm.

I've done some loading for the .25 WSSM in an A-Bolt Hunter (22" bbl) with the 110 AccuBond. W760 powder did so-so, but the best load was 46.5 grains of H4350 - 5-shot avg 100Y 0.81", 3086 fps SD 14.

Thanks for the load. I am shooting a Winchester Coyote with 24" varmint BBL. I started playing with the 25wssm because I wanted to move up to 1/4 bore from .243. (I found the choices limited.) I have been satisfied with this weapon so far. I like the short action. I enjoy the balance and feel of the Coyote and the laminated stock with SS barrel makes a nice looking gun. Accuracy seems to be there, although I don't think I have peaked on that yet. The gun has killed one fallow buck, one coyote and three nice hogs. The short fat rounds do NOT chamber from the magazine very well and that could be a problem for an impatient shooter. I am accustomed to shooting single shot rifles and consider the magazine a handy place to store bullets. The recoil compares to the .243 I have been using for years.

When I get back to the bench next year I hope to have some good loads to share. I have been real disappointed in NOSLER with the lack of loading information for the 25wssm and AccuBond bullets!!!

Back