Accubonds and Ballistic Tips

Thanks Scotty, & a large part of the development credit goes to the info & help you supplied.
I now have a thoroughly reliable load with that bullet.
Cheers man. ATB ET :)

Guy Miner":1huy9kvq said:
Vince, a buddy of mine took his .300 Win mag to Africa for plains game. He shot all sorts of African antelope while over there and mostly used 180 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips. He, and his PH, were both very impressed with the quick kills imparted by the Ballistic Tips.

As tough as they're built anymore, with that heavy base, I'd have no problem using Ballistic Tips for elk. None at all.

Also - I don't crimp cartridges for my bolt action rifles, not at all. Not even the .300 RUM when I had it. The crimp certainly wasn't necessary for excellent accuracy and consistent velocity. What really helps my loads is when I get real consistent with the neck sizing, and do a real good job of seating the bullets straight. Those two things, along with using the appropriate powder & bullet, seem to be very important when it comes to building accurate ammo, for me.

With the .300 Win mag, I'd be looking real hard at Reloader 22 to go with those 180's...

Regards, Guy

Thanks Guy. :grin:

I ordered a concentricity gauge tonight when I came home from work.

I'll give it a go and see if it helps.

Back