Ackley data

Westman

Beginner
Sep 28, 2004
I realize that we are playing to a small field here, but one of my wishes is to see major component manufacturers test and publish more data on Ackley chamberings.

Some of the more popular such as 243, 7X57, 25.06 etc. would be most helpful.

I wonder if more published data would lead to greater popularity of improved calibers?

Bill-

That is a valid point, the more written and discussed a product is the highly probability it is that it would be pursued by manufacturers.

Since the forum is brand new, and we are getting a great response, I would bet a few more people have the same concern.

I second the request for more Ackley loads in the Nosler manual. 22-250 AI 6mm AI and 25-06AI are the main ones for me. I believe they are a lot more popular than the manufacturers know.

NOSLER
your competitor (in the green box) already includes an abundance of ACKLEY data in their #5 manual. other than one 257 / 75gr varmint bullet i use nosler bal. tip and Partition exclusively in 250AI. 25/06, 25/06AI and 308win. i also load 280AI. i really think you will find wide interest in ACKLEY data for the NOSLER products.

I would also like to see some data on the .223AI as Cooper seems to be really selling many rifles in this caliber . I bought one of these and haven't found much data available. I think I'll probably be shooting the 50 gr. BT .

Just built a Pac Nor 1x12 223 AI....this is a screamer....2 weeks running....p/dogs out to 733 yds with Nosler 55s. I love it !! In fact just sent Pac Nor a deposit for a second one...a 1x9 twist. First is 1x12. My main 55 gr load is 27.5/Benchmark....Win case...Rem BR primer..OAL is 2.375"...this is a fireformed case. 50 gr loads....
28/H4895........50 gr Nosler BT
27.5/Benchmark......52 A max
these work well in my Pac Nor.....work up to these loads !!

102doggin001.jpg
[/img] Took this one @ 733 yds with Nosler 55 BT.....along with a bunch of closer ones..........400-600 yds.......Barrel is 1x12 Pac Nor...Savage s/shot action.Weaver T16 scope....Choate Varminter stock...SSS trigger

Back