Added a Savage 99 EG to family of Lever Actions

I'll try and get some better photos of them.
The ones I have don't do them justice really

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

longrangehunter":1v7f8by5 said:
Wow, you guys have some super 99's! Of them I think the .300 Savage, the .250 Savage, and the .22 Hi-Power would be super cool to shoot and own.

Great Photo work there Guy..... you really know how to display a proud firearm!

If you're interested in a .22 Hi-Power, I ran across one not too long ago in Sandpoint for sale... First one I'd seen that I remember.

HAWKEYESATX":gey899pe said:
As of yesterday, I acquired a Savage 99 EG, in .300 Savage. I haven't seen one this nice in over 20 years, and it was assembled in 1954. It now shares a safe with my other Savage 99C in .308! I do love me some Savage 99's!

Very cool -- nice find!

maverick2":1p6udrk5 said:
HAWKEYESATX":1p6udrk5 said:
As of yesterday, I acquired a Savage 99 EG, in .300 Savage. I haven't seen one this nice in over 20 years, and it was assembled in 1954. It now shares a safe with my other Savage 99C in .308! I do love me some Savage 99's!

Very cool -- nice find!
Thank you!

ShadeTree":3l0yr9ry said:
Very nice. My Dad has a 99C in 308 just like yours, nice gun.
I think everyone should own one. They are very nice.
Thank you.

HAWKEYESATX":xuuf8c0z said:
ShadeTree":xuuf8c0z said:
Very nice. My Dad has a 99C in 308 just like yours, nice gun.
I think everyone should own one. They are very nice.
Thank you.

I don't have any but really like the old rifles and prefer the looks of the old Savage's over the Winchester 88's, but I wouldn't turn down the right 88 either.

I'm not real up on the different models of the 99, but my one brother has my Grandpa's 99 in a 300 Savage with the counter on the side of the receiver. I also about half think it is a take down model. This post sparked my interest up, I'll have to ask him.

Savage had different versions. One was a takedown. All worked very well.

Back