Afganistan

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Catherine received a letter from her interpreters today. She was imbedded with SF units operating out of Jalalabad primarily. For the fifth time in the last two years her guys have received a form letter from the State Department requesting basic information.
The same information the State Department requested two years ago when we were in South Africa and three times since. Catherine of course has copies of all the letters she wrote and documentation she provided in an effort to get Visas for her guys. She received a phone call tonight during dinner. Some one she knew who was still with the state department. It got kind of heated. She reminded that we promised these people who helped us we would take care of them. She concluded the conversation with “ you are a feather pecker piss ant” and hung up the phone asking “ did I say that correctly?” I’m proud of her.
If any of you are compelled to contact your senator or congressman for what ever reason please remind them in addition to the reason for your call, we have a duty to protect those who gave good and able assistance to our country in Afganistan. No question in my mind Catherine made it back in one piece because of that help.

Attachments

• IMG_8583.jpeg
    IMG_8583.jpeg
    914.5 KB · Views: 30
What this President did to those who were our allies in Afghanistan is morally indefensible and criminal. I have no doubt that good people in State and in Defense are embarrassed for the diminished status of America. Good for Catherine for making her feelings clear.

I'm glad your wife told whoever it was her feelings. Unfortunately, our country has a bad track record of doing this. If we survive this current administration this country may not be able to enlist help from foreign nationals in the event, we have to go into another country. Dan.

I'm glad your wife told whoever it was her feelings. Unfortunately, our country has a bad track record of doing this. If we survive this current administration this country may not be able to enlist help from foreign nationals in the event, we have to go into another country. Dan.
True, dat.:mad:

I’m not an ally of the united states nor do I believe she will exist much longer. I cannot in good conscience pledge my allegiance to her.

Treasonous politicians with treacherous plans does not a country I love and respect make.

Vince

Dr. Mike:
"What this President did to those who were our allies in Afghanistan is morally indefensible and criminal. I have no doubt that good people in State and in Defense are embarrassed for the diminished status of America. Good for Catherine for making her feelings clear."

Couldn't have said it better. The number of Afghan interpreters we abandoned during our exit is minuscule compared to the number of people illegally crossing our borders each year. One group has demonstrated service to the US, the other hasn't. Seems pretty clear to me which group has earned immigration priority status along with a stipend to get acclimated to their new country. My guess is that the politicians have placed their careers over humanity, as they worry that should a relocated Afghan commit a serious crime, they would suffer a Dukakis/ Horton moment.

Back