Almost feel like a thief, got a great deal today!

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I continuously lurk in several local facebook groups that are buy/sell classifieds. Right after I woke up today I noticed an add that I couldn’t pass up. I had been looking for a better scope for my upcoming tube gun 308 build so once I saw this I had to jump on it.

Remington SPS Varmint 308
Nightforce 5.5-22x56 w/ moar and zerostop
Nightforce 20 moa rail
Nightforce Rings

200 new lapua 308 brass
250 168gr amax
100 Sierra 168 MK
1000 CCI 2 BR primers
RCBS compettion dies
3 boxes of hornady 168 amax superformance
2 boxes black hills 168 MK

all for the bargain price of 2000 dollars. Its basically like buying the scope and getting the rifle and accessories for free. Now I really can’t wait only ten more weeks before my barreled action will be done for my 308 tube gun!

Attachments

• IMG_2072.jpg
    IMG_2072.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,037
  • IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2073.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,037
Looks like you even have break in ammo for your new barrel as well. And a shooter until you get yours back.

In all likely hood I will probably sell the rifle. I already have a good shooting 260 and this custom 308 tube gun build. If I were to keep the 700 SPS it would need minimum a decent stock and trigger upgrade and would probably end up with a new barrel before I was done.

I’ll probably just sling the rifle and the SWFA SS 16x42 that I have had on my 308.

Congratulations. I'd definitely keep watching over my shoulder for a few months. Never can tell when the law will come looking for you.

I was honestly a little worried it might be stolen until I saw he still had all the boxes and even recites! I think he was just hurting for some cash.

I was planning on flipping the rifle but now have kind of been considering dropping it in one of those Boyd provarmint stocks with adjustable cheek piece and mounting my 16x42 SWFA SS on it. Already have everything else like Nightforce rail and rings. Would still need a trigger but could put it all together for under 250 dollars and have a pretty nice little budget lR rig. May make a nice b-day gift for my dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my original plan, be like getting the NF for half price.

You know how is rifle cranks are. Always fiddling with something!

Sorry Josh,

I keep writing something only to post and see a new response. But either idea is a good one and passing on the good fortune while cutting your cost down is always a good plan.

You'll really love that scope!

My dad has been talking about wanting a LR tactical rig for several years now and I know he is too cheap to get one himself. I talked to my mom and sister today and they are going to go in on a stock and trigger and we will make it a Father's Day gift.

My dad has a buddy who recently got into f class shooting and goes to the shoots with him but doesn't have a decent lr rig to shoot. This way he will have something to shoot and won't have to watch anymore.

Josh that is a great deal as the NF is great glass & I am sure that you or your Dad will have it shooting very small groups in no time at all :wink:!
A range report with photos would be in order I believe :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

I got the 16x42 SWFA SS mounted on the rifle. I’m going to take it out to the range later today and see what kind of potential it shows.

I also ordered a Boyds Pro varmint stock with adjustable cheek piece and a timney staight trigger adjustable down to 1.5 pounds. As soon as I get the stock and trigger I will bed the stock and intall the trigger and adjust down to 1.5 pounds. It should turn out to be a pretty sweet setup.

Attachments

• boydstock.jpg
    boydstock.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 870
  • DadsLRrig.jpg
    DadsLRrig.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 870
That is going to be a very sweet set up (y). I am looking forward to seeing that little lady when she is done.

Blessings,
Dan

Got the stock today and I'm really impressed with it. The fit and finish are great and the ergonomics are outstanding. I have big hands and the grip gives me perfect fit to position my trigger finger.

Just need to bed it and get the trigger installed.

155dc59e3ebbf885eeb8ecc4d8cfd1df.jpg

Back