And yet again....

rjm158

Handloader
Oct 15, 2009
I delivered to my LGS today and saw they had gotten their powder/bullet order in for the month.
IMR 4350 is on the shelf for $71.95/lb. No joke. I know Alliant powders are very high but it appears to be spreading out to others more and more.
Let me add, the guy who runs the shop isn't a gouger. He's been telling guys what the new prices were gonna be and here they are.

Ron

I delivered to my LGS today and saw they had gotten their powder/bullet order in for the month.
IMR 4350 is on the shelf for $71.95/lb. No joke. I know Alliant powders are very high but it appears to be spreading out to others more and more.
Let me add, the guy who runs the shop isn't a gouger. He's been telling guys what the new prices were gonna be and here they are.

Ron
Local store has ball powders in the mid $40's and stick powders around $60. Not a large selection tho. Finally some large rifle primers, at $9 a tray. Cheaper than Sportsmans and Cabelas.

All they have to do is make it too expensive to pursue the hobby. Whoever "they" are? I'm almost at that point.... And if its just greed on the part of the manufacturers..... As I've said, "shooting themselves in the foot". I fear the shooting sports, the recreation of it, will be gone in the next generation. If not by politics, disinterest or apathy, then by economics. If only the rich and powerful can afford..... Sorry I'm being so cynical. CL

For interest, - These are current UK prices - exchange rate is around £1 = $1.25

Last edited:
Back