Heavy Barrel
Beginner
- Apr 3, 2015
- 141
- 154
My house which I acquired in late 2019 had an old Lennox furnace that was installed in the early fifties, the average monthly gas bill with that beast was almost $200 per month with budget.
In late 2020, I had that replaced with a 98% AFUE system and had central A/C installed at the same time, this was all paired up with a Honeywell Prestige IAQ thermostat, though when they did the initial setup I asked them not to setup the WiFi portion of the thermostat, I explained that I wasn't comfortable with the possibility that someone could gain control from outside and shut off the system, especially in the dead of winter. With this new system my monthly gas bill plunged to $99 per month with budged.
Fast forward to late last week when the outside temperatures finally dropped below sear, I noticed an error message on the thermostat along the line of the thermostat is not communicating with the equipment, I tried turning the system off and back on, changing temp settings on the thermostat with no prevail.
This morning when I got up, I noticed that the thermostat was displaying a screen that appears to be the beginning steps of the initial setup, though when I get to the step where it tries communicating with the furnace, that step fails. After spending most of this evening reading what possibilities there are that would cause this, I measured the voltage to make sure there's power to the thermostat and the electronic interface module, the C, G, and RH wires I'm getting 27 volts while the remaining wires show no voltage. I also noticed while testing the voltage at these connections that the "power" LED wasn't illuminating, I also noticed that when the power is turned on the fan runs nonstop.
What would/could be the cause(s) of this issue? My very limited knowledge is pointing to a EIM failure, looks as if I'll be spending some time tomorrow looking for a tech to come see what's up. Thankfully it waited for the temperatures to drop here before this issue surfaced, if it was still in the triple digits out, I would have called that day.
In late 2020, I had that replaced with a 98% AFUE system and had central A/C installed at the same time, this was all paired up with a Honeywell Prestige IAQ thermostat, though when they did the initial setup I asked them not to setup the WiFi portion of the thermostat, I explained that I wasn't comfortable with the possibility that someone could gain control from outside and shut off the system, especially in the dead of winter. With this new system my monthly gas bill plunged to $99 per month with budged.
Fast forward to late last week when the outside temperatures finally dropped below sear, I noticed an error message on the thermostat along the line of the thermostat is not communicating with the equipment, I tried turning the system off and back on, changing temp settings on the thermostat with no prevail.
This morning when I got up, I noticed that the thermostat was displaying a screen that appears to be the beginning steps of the initial setup, though when I get to the step where it tries communicating with the furnace, that step fails. After spending most of this evening reading what possibilities there are that would cause this, I measured the voltage to make sure there's power to the thermostat and the electronic interface module, the C, G, and RH wires I'm getting 27 volts while the remaining wires show no voltage. I also noticed while testing the voltage at these connections that the "power" LED wasn't illuminating, I also noticed that when the power is turned on the fan runs nonstop.
What would/could be the cause(s) of this issue? My very limited knowledge is pointing to a EIM failure, looks as if I'll be spending some time tomorrow looking for a tech to come see what's up. Thankfully it waited for the temperatures to drop here before this issue surfaced, if it was still in the triple digits out, I would have called that day.



