Anybody Pick-Up Any Exciting Tags

I drew a CA x3a tag, one of the best trophy mule deer tags in the state. Probably not as good as many states, but pretty exciting for a So Cal guy that is usually chasing forkies and does with the bow while trying to avoid the poaching illegal aliens and the national forest marijuana fields.

Good hunting,
Brian

My dad drew a Steens antelope tag after only 2 years of putting in. Dad, myself and our hunting buddy Sam drew Steens elk, second season.

Heading to the Steens next week for a little scouting and fishing.

Anyone been seeing 'lopes over there?

Travis, how in the hell did ya manage that? That is just plain luck. My moms been putting in for 10+ years and finally drew for south wagontire. We leave in a couple days to scout, and shoot a 16".

I have alot of family out in Oregon that own quite a few acres so I looked into the non-resident fees... oh my God I about fell out of my computer chair. Guess i will just glass deer and elk like I do every trip out there and leave the rifle back here in the east. :cry: Maybe one of these years i will bite the bullet and hunt there, but not real soon. Tuition money is more important.

Dad did luck out from what we can tell.
All I have to say is good for him.

We are mostly packed up and head off after work tomorrow.
Sighted the rifles in yesterday with some custom Nosler rounds that we got directly from Nosler.

Kyle, if you're reading this, those are the hottest 30.06 loads either myself or my dad have ever fired and he started out with the .06 in Force Recon in the late 50's!
Instead of gunpowder, did you stuff it w/ C4?

We may stop by on the way home to hopefully show you dad's trophy!!

Travis

Drew in unit 54(southern Idaho) for mule deer. Have some nice bucks in this unit, second time in 3 years I have drawn this hunt( my folks have a cabin in the middle of this unit, sweet) :grin:
I just wish I was so lucky with elk ! :cry: :cry:

Back