Anybody Pick-Up Any Exciting Tags

7mmfan

Beginner
Dec 14, 2004
Anbody pick-up any interesting special draw tags this year they've been waiting on for a couple of years? Nothing for me, just a cow/calf elk tag.

Brad

Us Oregonians dont get to know until the 15th of this month. But i am hoping so, yet realistically since i drew all my tags except one last year, i believe i may be skunked this year.

I drew for the Southern Utah Buck Deer Muzzleloader hunt. Woohoo!

Out of my entire group of friends that put in for it, I was the only one successful. Well, at least I'll have a good guide!

Got lucky this year and drew an either sex elk tag for Colorado, first season. Boy am I looking forward to this hunting season.

Hey baltz526,
I drew the same hunt, beautiful country over there. What will you be taking ? I'll be using my 7mm mag. w/ 160 partitions but I have been kicking around the notion of giving the Accubonds a try.
Good luck to ya & happy hunting!

My wife and I missed out on our Scappoose Doe and Cow tags, and we did not get our Desolation tag.
My sister drew her Desolatin and Scapoose doe, no cow. No tags for her husband or daughter either.
Both mom and dad drew thier Desolation Deer tag, no cow or doe for them either.
Should be a good draw year for us next year, lets hope.
Looks like a few of us drew some good tags.

columbia basin buck tag, and 2nd season spike for mt emily. Those are about the only tags I ever draw. For the 8th year now, I have been unsuccessful in my quest for a big bull tag. I'll get a doe tag about every 3-4 years. Antelope, ha ha, my moms been putting in for 14 years and finally drew this year. I mean, untill just this recent application, you did not have to apply for a 2nd season spike tag, instead it was a general season and you bought it over the counter. Well now you have to put in for it, for what?? So they can have another $4.50? They gave out around 800 permits, 2 of our hunting partners did not draw for the 2nd season bull. Do you think there is 800 spikes in mt emily??, heck no. Anybody else noticing oregons hunting and game numbers going down the toilet??

ODFW are idiots. They are just getting greedy. I think eventually the deer numbers are going to get drasticly low in Oregon. I dont think they are managing the populations worth poop. They just like the money the get for tags. It's too bad.

Jar Head

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey baltz526,
I drew the same hunt, beautiful country over there. What will you be taking ? I'll be using my 7mm mag. w/ 160 partitions but I have been kicking around the notion of giving the Accubonds a try.
Good luck to ya & happy hunting! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------7mm rem mag, when i had pacnor rebarrel it, it decided it did not like 140gr ballistic tips anymore. so now i shoot 160gr sierra hpbt game kings. i'll be in the south east corner of the east whitehorse with a wall tent camp

Back