Anyone have 95 grain Berger VLD in 6mm?

coyotetrapper

Beginner
Feb 9, 2007
I was wondering if someone had these bullets if they could give me the OAL of just the bullet itself? I want to know how long they are! Thanks CT

I contacted Berger they sent me the info via email for anyone that wants to know it is 1.149" OAL that is smaller than the new 90 grain E tip! I wouldn't have thought that!

Yeh but I thought those VLD"s where the longest bullets made! It seems that way becuase they are rather long but then many seat them out far! Others tell me you don't need to, to get good groups! I wanted to make sure when I give them a try on coyotes they still feed in my rem blind magazine well.

I had another coyote today with the thin jacket bal tip take a shoulder hit and get away! I hate when that happens going to try some other things like 90 grain bal tip with the thicker jacket and also the bergers in 95 VLD, hides mean nothing to me, I just want them to drop in there tracks. The main problem has been past 350 yards ! inside the bal tip does ok, further and I have had 2 runners in the last month!

Nosler I need that 80 grain bal tip with a heavier jacket :twisted: :grin:

coyotetrapper

Have you considered the 85 gr PT?

I shot a coyote last winter with a 60 gr PT from my 22-250. inverted Texas heart shot. Penetration was the entire length of the body.
I can assure you that if you start shooting coyote shoulders with the 85 gr PT, you won't have any more runners.

JD338

No I haven't given them much thought? I guess I'm looking for a bullet with a good BC the PT has .315 and for 5 more grains and going to a hunting jacket in the 90 balt tip I can increase BC to .365 and have better down range performance.

I will try those 90 BT"s more on coyotes they seem to do well on antelope, but it is hard after talking with Eric ar Berger and if those 95 VLD's do what he says it is hard to give up that BC of .501! I'm hoping to get 2,900 fps from them and running those on a bal program if I achieve that with good accuracy, man that will be tough to beat!

He says it won't be a fur load for sure but shoulder hits coyotes won't go anywhere either! I like Nosler bullets don't get me wrong I just wish the 80 would have the thicker jacket! I like the accuracy,FPS and mild charge of varget to achieve it all but I don't like the splash!

Maybe I'm ovetthinking all of this? I will try more 90's BT's until I get time to load and range test those bergers, I have loaded up more 90's with H-4831sc and will see what they will do on shoulders of coyotes next time I'm out calling, I will hold on the shoulder just to see what happens!

I do like the colored tips :lol:

Back