Anyone have load data on MR 3100 powder for 25-06?

coyotetrapper

Beginner
Feb 9, 2007
I have a friend who gave me a few pounds of MR 3100 powder, looks good and smell's good. He said if it works out he has a 6lbs more I could have, as his grandfather stock piled on powder and bullets.

Any load suggestions for this with 115 gr bal tips or 110 gr accubonds? Thanks.

Is this the precursor to XMR3100 from Accurate Powders? What is the age of this powder? If you can verify any of this, you might be able to locate a data source contemporary to the powder manufacture and use that data. Also, you could contact Western Powders (they own Accurate) and see what Johan has to say about it. Again, this is only if it is an Accurate brand powder, which I think it is. Johan is super about responding to email within a couple of days, and will offer great guidance as to the use of the powders he works with. You can find the link on their web page, just check out:

http://accuratepowder.com/ContactUs.htm

The more information you can provide, the better.

If this is AA3100 powder,my Nosler#4 book shows 100 gr. part. or 100 bt. starting load of AA3100 is 52.5 gr. and max. is 56.5 and for the 115 gr. part. starting load is 48.5 and max. is 48.5 I just found my #5 Nosler book,it does not show accubonds in there,and it still has the same starting loads as the #4 book.

mr 3100 as listed as such, shows up in the powder burn rate chart. Out side of that I don't know I believe it to be an accurate powder? It is listed as such in the powder burn rate chart as MR 3100 by accurate.

If it's listed as an accurate powder, you should definitely contact them via the link in my earlier post. Also, you should try to ascertain the vintage of the powder, and perhaps Johan can provide you with load data contemporary to the powder manufacture as well.

MR 3100 is just an early version of Accurate Arms 3100. It was originally sold as surplus IMR 4831. It is a good powder and I have used it in a number of rifles.

You can use AA 3100 data or contact the manufacturer, but I just use IMR 4831 data for this powder. I find the batch I have burns just slightly slower than IMR 4831, but that is safe.

Back