Anyone know how old these Partitions are?

My dad was still buying Partitions that looked like those in the early 1970's so they could be from then until much later than that!

Elkman":1xq2ejpe said:
Those were manufactured from 1972 forward. The "new" Partition so to speak.

Think so? They look to be the old "screw machine" bullets, except I don't see the big relief cut in them. I'm not sure when those things were made. Not recently. :grin:

I'd use 'em in a heartbeat. I've got some old Partitions similar to that in 6mm, .30 and .375...

Guy

That's what I was going by Guy, Nosler quit making the originals in 1972 and these lack that profile. They appear to lack the machining groves and lack the smooth relief between the soft lead and the hard core in the rear. They do look beat up, however almost like they were pulled. The picture is not the best, and they look to be dented and scratched. The originals also appeared to be two different colors, these do not. I still have a few of the originals and these bear no resemblance to them. As I said the picture is not the best.

Yes - found my photo comparing two .375", 300 gr Nosler Partitions. The old version is below:

Guy

Back