Anyone seen these???

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Good idea for just experimenting I think!

Attachments

• 26907768_1587449764675617_588787863258997269_n.jpg
    26907768_1587449764675617_588787863258997269_n.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 635
It is a quarter pounder! no cheese please!

Smart marketing. It will prove almost irresistible to the inveterate experimenter. I can see a market for this.

Fotis, what was the price on the quarter pounder? It would not be worth it if you order online, you will get hit with the Haz Mat fees plus shipping more than the cost of the quarter pounder though. Shopping in person would be the best way to go, and it might be cool just for experimentation to see if they work for your rifle.

Years ago when I was still going to Camp Perry These were offered for those who wanted to try the powder before making large quantity purchases and were given away to the shooters by the vendors. I may still have a few sample bottles stashed somewhere but I don't think they are quarter pounders.

Looks like it's already pre-measured for one of your big Weatherby cartridges Fotis!

Just pour the entire contents into one case, and seat the bullet. Neat idea.... (y)

Guy

yup 15 378 cartridges! no idea about price

FOTIS":2bbkulwc said:
yup 15 378 cartridges! no idea about price

That's pretty funny. Ya, the big cartridges gobble up powder quickly.

I have seen those itty-bitty powder containers and though I've never bought one, I think it's a good idea for someone who just wants to try a different powder.

Powder is pretty doggone expensive anymore, and buying a pound of something that might not work out is just a good way of going through $25.

I think that's one reason I try to stick with powders & loads that I know will work just fine. I tried experimenting with different powders long ago, and ended up with all sorts of partial cans hanging around. Eventually got rid of some of those odds 'n ends by burning it. :(

Guy

Nope haven't seen or heard of those quarter pounders. I did read about 1000 grain powder containers that got approved in 2014 on April first... Found it - http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... ontainers/. Again, it was on April first!

It doesn't look like a store repacked container... Hodgdon's website still lists H414 as only being available in 1 and 8 lbs containers - https://www.hodgdon.com/h414/. The other cans in the photo state 4 ounces which indicate it isn't photo-shopped; so as always I'm confused...

If real (implemented by Hodgdon), it could help out a lot of people doing load development in small rifle calibers and pistols. Stuff like Varget, IMR 4064, 4166, Bullseye, Tightgroup, makes a lot of sense to me. Small quantities of slow burning powder like Retumbo and H1000 seems of dubious experimentation value... Unless you were buying 3 or 4 different types (like a 1 lbs variety package) to compare velocity, ease of metering, etc.; marketing has never been my strong suit.

Back