AR Load?

Yeah, what he said!

Have you tried any Benchmark yet? I have a bunch of test loads built with that, but don't have my notes with me. I had bought some of the Partitions from the Pro Shop a few weeks back...

What about the new 60gr B-tip ??

I've used a lot of 748 in the past with 55grn b-tips, but it appears to be a very dirty burning powder.. so I'm on the hunt for a new powder as well.

Might give Varget a try ??

You might want to try some Ramshot Tac, it is very clean in my Encore and I really like it. Have only tried it with 50 grain BT so far.

I would like to use bullets in the 60 to 65gr range, since I have a 1:9 twist.......

Just ordered my Lapua brass/ BR4 primers.......and deciding on powder

In my 20" DPMS 1 in 9" Twist AR I couldn't get 60gr. Partitions to shoot worth a hoot. I tried several different combinations with Benchmark, H-4895 and Varget to no avail.

On the other hand 55gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips with H-4895 (Remington 7 1/2 Primers and LC Military Brass) shot fantastic. This same load also shoot super in my new Super 14 .223 T/C G2 Contender Handgun. Also just picked up a 23" T/C G2 Contender Rifle in .223, but as yet haven't shot it. I am hoping this same load shoots good in it also.

Larry

I have yet to find a gun where the Ballistic Tips did not shoot better then the Partitions. I'm working on a 60gr Partition load for my 1/9 Bushmaster as well using a surplus powder similar to H380. It's in the cabnet waiting to be shot. I'll let you know what kind of results I have.

Not a 60grs load but my AR 1/9" Bushmaster loves a 55gr NBT over 25.5grs of H335 seated to magazine length.

I did try some Varget and Hornady 68BTHP Match bullets in the AR shot very well.

The 69gr Sierra MK and Reloader 15 will be my next test.

H4895 will be on my list too!

Yesterday I made it to the range to test the 60gr BT with WC846. This is very similar to BLC(2). With cci 400, and fed brass it looked real promising.

Back