Athlon Midas 1 Mile Rangefinder reduced to only $189.99

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
heads up!

you can not beat it!!! Even as a back up.

see review lots of great features plus angle measurement.

Review on optics planet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
copy/paste

Michael's Review of Athlon Optics Midas 1 Mile 6x Rangefinders​

I purchased this product back in April 2022 to use during elk season here in Idaho. My hunt started late last week November 10th and my group hunted Friday and Saturday. On Friday, we were hunting high in 8-24" of snow and the product seemed to struggle to range animals. We encountered 3 groups of elk and it might have ranged 10-15% at best with all animals being 700-1,000 yards - based on my friends functioning rangefinder. The next day we worked a different area that was lower in elevation with no snow and the rangefinder didn't work at all. You could see the 3 red hash lines when looking through it trying to range, but as my buddy ranged elk from 225-850 yards the Athlon Midas could only range rocks and bushes 25-50 yards in front of me. Had my friend not been there with a different brand/cheaper rangefinder I would have been completely screwed.

Upon returning home yesterday I emailed Athlon customer service and they offered me the following - me paying to package and mail the rangefinder to them, they take 10-14 days to inspect it and either fix it or mail me a new one. That is great you have a lifetime warranty, but quite honestly when I pull a new $300 dollar rangefinder out of the box, I expect the company who made it to have a good enough product and good enough quality control to be putting out functional products. As a consumer, I should not have to mail this in to get it fixed or replaced the first time I use it. This is my first and last purchase from Athlon. Save your money and buy a different brand. I have zero confidence in this company's products. I do not want a new one or a fixed one, but rather I want my money back so I can buy a rangefinder from a more reliable company with better quality control.

Back