AWESOME WIFE

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
:grin: My wife did such an awesome thing today, I almost shed a tear..

Well, she has a Ruger 308 with a VXII 2x7 on it. While it shoots pretty well, I hate the scope. The friction adjustments just stink, you can't even begin to dial it accurately and the optics are less than awesome. It all seemed good till I started into the Minox's.. She really wants to get out with me for elk hunting next year and I told her it would be great to get a proper scope on that rifle so we could practice a little further out with it, plus the extra magnification would really pay off and the clarity would be much nicer. Well, I emailed her the Minox's on Sample List and said she should look at the 3x9 or 2-10's as they were a screaming deal and would be a nice optic on her 308..

I wanted her to pick up one, on her own and be part of the decision process. Well, as it turns out, she sends me back an email saying I spoiled her surprise!.. I scroll down and she had ordered TWO 2x10-40mm ZA5's!!!! Yee haw! How is that! Man, I said she didn't ruin the surprise at all, she surprised the CRAP outta me. She knew how much I wanted a 2-10 as well and grabbed an extra one. Man, what a wife, putting up with me, deployments, kids, ect, and still pulls that off! MAN! I am one lucky man.. Sorry, had to share it with you all. :lol:

Scotty,

Your wife is absolutely a keeper my friend! Both of you are a perfect match and we can all say the same thing about you that you said about your Mrs. Very cool stuff bud and I cannot wait for you to get off this deployment and spend some quality time with your family. You've more than earned it my friend! Congrats to both of you!

Scotty

Thats awesome! Does she have a sister? :mrgreen:

JD338

Scotty,

That is simply phenomenal. Your lady is a keeper for sure. You owe her big time, man.

Don't be sorry Scotty, that is a terrific and generous wifely gesture of love and support for you!

Scotty, I knew that she had to be a great lady as I was taught a long time ago that behind every good man there is a great women :shock:
I think that 99% of us do not know how blessed we really are :)

Blessings,
Dan

FOTIS":2w5dxqmw said:

Without a doubt. She takes great care of the family while I am away. Great woman.

Man, I can't wait to get home, she said I have a small pile of bullets at home too.. Says SPS has a direct connection with our front door..

SJB358":3f3s5cle said:
FOTIS":3f3s5cle said:

Without a doubt. She takes great care of the family while I am away. Great woman.

Man, I can't wait to get home, she said I have a small pile of bullets at home too.. Says SPS has a direct connection with our front door..

:mrgreen:
Life is good buddy.

JD338

Man, a pile of bullets and new optics waiting....and a tent! You're not gonna know what to do with yourself!

;)

That is so cool Scotty. If someday I can find a lady that's half that good I'll be happy as a pig knee deep in slop.

What was her maiden name again? :lol: You Sir, are a blessed man. But you know that already. Make sure she NEVER forgets what a blessing she is to you. CL

What was her maiden name again? :lol: You Sir, are a blessed man. But you know that already. Make sure she NEVER forgets what a blessing she is to you. CL

I am pretty excited to give them a whirl. It is nice to have a couple of scopes ready for the Fall. The 300WSM is in need of a good set of optics..

Back