B.C. LEH synopsis online

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007
Here it is boys :)

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hu ... _12_13.pdf

It's like Christmas in May :) Since I have a spring grizzly tag all ready I'm going to apply for moose and mountain goat locally and one of the very hard to get bighorn sheep permits down south. Not sure about elk maybe a Roosevelt elk permit on Vancouver Island which is almost a once in a lifetime permit.

How about the rest of you B.C. boys?

Good stuff, Gerry. I'll undoubtedly apply for late season elk, grizzly and goat (again). Perhaps I'll apply for bison. It's been several years since I last applied, so I need to make a trip up north.

DrMike":3bzwgcc4 said:
Good stuff, Gerry. I'll undoubtedly apply for late season elk, grizzly and goat (again). Perhaps I'll apply for bison. It's been several years since I last applied, so I need to make a trip up north.

Man, save some hunting for us South of the border guys! If only Canada had a base for Marines!

I picked up three entries today. It will for sure be late season elk and grizzly. The other likely is an application for early fall bison. However, I do want to make another attempt at goat down in the Kinbasket Lake area, or out in the Bullmoose area closer to home. So, I may need to pick up one more entry.

That sounds good Mike, did you notice they reduced the winter antlerless elk permits quite a bit ths year? Hope you draw the bison, sounds like a real good hunt to break in your 9.3X64 or 35 Whelen

The odds on bison are far better than in years past, which is why I would consider it. I really don't want the November/December hunt as the snow can be very deep. Though I have access to a sled, I'd as soon do the October hunt and stay afoot or use a quad. I knew the discussion was to reduce the anterless elk permits. For the time being, there are still lots of elk in the area, so I don't think getting one will be a serious problem.

Scotty, there are a lot of good guys here on noslerreloading I would take out hunting if it was possible especially for goats, sheep and bears. Come on up and move to B.C. someday :)

DrMike, I don't know what you would normally see for elk but we did see quite a few when we were there. As long as they have a fall general open season for antlerless elk I would love to come over and camp out in a good area. That would be a very enjoyable way to hunt. The October bison hunt would be much nicer to be out there than later on, sounds like a good choice.

Gerry,

Come on over. I'll see if I can find some time to sneak out into the bush with you. You're welcome to stay with my wife and I.

Consequently, Gerry, elk opens on September 1. Moose opens August 15, but, then, you've got plenty of moose on the other side of the mountain.

Not nearly as many moose here as over by you they just took away a big area near us for moose hunting :( It was really fun to be over in your neck of the woods it would be even better to camp out there. I'll have to post some pictures of us fishing over here maybe that will get you and your wife over here, we also have lots of room to host people :)

I am familiar with the fishing. I've fished the Zymotz, the Exchamsiks and of course the Skeena in years past. I believe they are reasonably close to you. There is no question but that the fishing can be outstanding. Too bad about the moose. Hey, any way I can help in setting you up for a hunt this fall, you need but ask.

DrMike":15qs731q said:
I am familiar with the fishing. I've fished the Zymotz, the Exchamsiks and of course the Skeena in years past. I believe they are reasonably close to you. There is no question but that the fishing can be outstanding. Too bad about the moose. Hey, any way I can help in setting you up for a hunt this fall, you need but ask.

They are all close by the Zymoetz (we just call it the Copper here) is one of my most favorite rivers to fish. I really like the Exchamsiks neighbor river the Exstew we have spend many wonderful hours there too. I'm going to have to set in a trip to the Peace in the next couple of years maybe together with my brother and family. My nephews are going to be 7 and 9 this July it would be a lot of fun to camp and hunt with them around.

Well, when you're ready to camp over this way, let me know. The younguns' in the field can be a lot of fun. Sometimes it can ensure that we don't take any game, but I'll guarantee you will have hooked two young fellers as hunters for life.

Back