Bad batch of nosler brass??

I talked to Mike in customer support and apparently he's still waiting on the brass--it hasn't showed up yet. He'll give you a call as soon as he gets it.

As far as oversized primer pockets go, Mike should be able to get us an answer. :grin:

I sent the brass back over two months ago when they asked for it the first time. I figured they had got it.

Guys I realize that this is long after the fact but i bought some NC 22-250 brass and shoot a very mild 36Gr. of H380 with 52 gr. NC hollowpoints for a accuracy load and the primers look to me as if they are sliding out a ways when i fire them. The bottom of the primer sticks out a ways past the bottom of the head? Shoots great 1.5" seven shot group @ 300 yrds. But I'm kind of scared to try to find some hotter loads after reading all of the other problems!!!

Mike has my brass right now so should know some more here soon. I googled about 5 other cases of this mostly in the 3006 brass.

jmad_81":ff487rbs said:
Guys I realize that this is long after the fact but i bought some NC 22-250 brass and shoot a very mild 36Gr. of H380 with 52 gr. NC hollowpoints for a accuracy load and the primers look to me as if they are sliding out a ways when i fire them. The bottom of the primer sticks out a ways past the bottom of the head? Shoots great 1.5" seven shot group @ 300 yrds. But I'm kind of scared to try to find some hotter loads after reading all of the other problems!!!

What that sounds like is an under pressure load. The primer is backing out, but the case isn't getting enough pressure to set back against it when fired. Hard to imagine, but it does happen. The surprise is that it's accurate for you. Most of the time these situations are dismal accuracy.

Well a little update. Nosler recieved my brass and confirmed the loose pockets. They werent realy sure what the deal was but they had no problem slipping a fed210 right in. They said the CCI was a little better. Unfortuninty for me they are going to send me one new box of 30-06 brass :roll: Well im glad they took care of me but I hope this box is better then the last four I got. Still kinda bummed about trading all that brass for a new box of the same thing. Hopefully the pockets will stay tight in this lot.

Thanks for the help guys I will keep you posted on the next batch.

Back