Berger 300 grain Hybrid OTM tactical

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
this was shot at 20 yards , from my 338 Lapua . I haven't ran these through my chrony , so this is a quickload velocity of 2840 FPS . I'm going to give inches of penetration , instead of how many jugs . my jugs were different sizes , and I also used a few cardboard boxes, with plastic bags, filled with water . these pieces were found lodged in the front of the cardboard box that would be 25 inches of penetration , it did not break the plastic bag in that box . I'm thinking it acted like the offside hide on an animal . I'm amazed with how this thing hammered the row of jugs and boxes . I had close to 40 inches of jugs / boxes lined up , it scattered the front ones and toppled the rest of the row .

the two pieces weighed 122.22 . the jacket measured .960 x .750 . the lead core measured .555 dia .

Thanks for taking the time and effort to run the test.
That is pretty good speed from the Lapua but seems to lack penetration.
It would be interesting to compare it to a 250 gr AB.

JD338

I don't have any 250 gr A-bonds . I do have the 300 gr A-bonds . I'll have to save a few more jugs and test one of those . I know I can't get that high of velocity from the 300A-bond though . I forget what I was able to get . I'll just test it at my lapuas max velocity , and see what she does .

Back