Best Cop Show

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
Alright everyone, it's time to settle this! Whether or not you are LEO, retired or just a regular joe like me, what in your opinion is the best television show about Police Officers?

Gunsmoke, Dragnet, Adam-12, Hill Street Blues, Law and Order, Cops, NYPD Blue, NCIS, CSI, Longmire, Blue Bloods, and a host of others I didn't name have all been ones I have enjoyed. What gets your vote for all-time greatest cop show and why?

As a kid I always watched Adam-12. My wife and I are fans of Longmire. We went to the Longmire festival a couple years ago and met Rob Taylor (Walt Longmire) and the author/creater Craig Johnson. We are going back this year.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20220818_105731848.jpg
    IMG_20220818_105731848.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 6
As a kid I always watched Adam-12. My wife and I are fans of Longmire. We went to the Longmire festival a couple years ago and met Rob Taylor (Walt Longmire) and the author/creater Craig Johnson. We are going back this year.

JD338

Isn't Rob Australian? Seems I recall that.

He did a pretty good job of bringing the book character to life, wish I could say the same for the Joe Pickett series. I got 1 episode in the second season and haven't been back.

Jesse Stone movies were always worth watching, so Blue Bloods is a favorite for me.

Liked the early CSI before all the different franchises, Adam 12/Emergency are always worth rewatching on Pluto. My wife watched every episode of Gunsmoke twice, all 536 episodes before she passed away. That is saying something since she was 23yrs younger than me and hadn't been exposed to it series before I met her.

If you don't know about Pluto, you can pretty much find anything that aired on broadcast TV for free, it's a little quirky at first with the free account, setup your zip code and you will get local commercials/advertising, but it is free.

The old Law and Order seemed like they were good, realistic shows for most part. Entertaining for sure.

These new shows are so unrealistic and far fetched, I cannot stomach them.

Berreta was different, somewhat entertaining. Hill Street Blues, Dragnet (Just the facts) currently Blue bloods.

Of all the cop show characters, Andy Sipowicz spoke the most real dialog of any show, "know your people, what they do, and when they do it."

My wife thoroughly enjoys cop shows. I try to keep my mouth shut and not comment about their tactics or lack thereof. ;)

Sometimes they do a real good job though. Some cop must get paid to help them keep it realistic.

Not sure which enjoy the most. Maybe Blue Bloods. Tom Selleck is an easy actor to like and he plays the role like more chiefs and commissioners should play it - in my ideal world.

Guy

My wife thoroughly enjoys cop shows. I try to keep my mouth shut and not comment about their tactics or lack thereof. ;)

Sometimes they do a real good job though. Some cop must get paid to help them keep it realistic.

Not sure which enjoy the most. Maybe Blue Bloods. Tom Selleck is an easy actor to like and he plays the role like more chiefs and commissioners should play it - in my ideal world.

Guy
Tom Selleck has some "made for TV" cop movies where he plays a character named Jesse Stone. They were pretty good as I recall....I really enjoyed the Longmire series. I currently like Blue Bloods, although the family can get a little high and mighty sometimes. Surprised no one has mentioned Rockford files

"Fridays with Frank" on YouTube.
While the traffic stops are selected for the channel, the interaction with the drivers are unscripted.

Guy
Yep, I’d work for a chief like Selleck.

Tom Selleck has some "made for TV" cop movies where he plays a character named Jesse Stone. They were pretty good as I recall....I really enjoyed the Longmire series. I currently like Blue Bloods, although the family can get a little high and mighty sometimes. Surprised no one has mentioned Rockford files
If we're going to add private detectives, you can't omit Powers Boothe as Phillip Marlowe.

Last edited:
Back