Blaser R 93. Has anybody ever used one??

jtoews80

Handloader
May 19, 2007
I've seen these on Gunbroker and looked them up online. It's some pretty cool technology! Besides being FEARSOMELY expensive, that is. I'd need a second job to have one of those.

They can switch stocks, barrels, bolt heads & mags from 223 up to460 wby or 375 RUM or anything within reason. The only downside is the rifle is about 3000 at the bottom end line and the barrels are 1000 to 2500 bucks too. Very cool toys tho......

CC

Expensive for what you get, and I do not favor their design for a lot reasons but the main one is that it is not as strong as a Mark V and some other bolt systems. It does have some unique handling qualities that are in it's favor. I have never owned one but handled two in my life that belonged to other people. Was impressed with some details but not enough to want to spend that kind of money when I can own a fine and I mean fine Weatherby Mark V custom for less and without question the Mark V is much, much stronger of an action and rifle.

Too many blowups with Blasers. No thanks at any price.
The 7 rifles mentioned on Depor Tiro is not all blowups, the alleged studies around the seven rifles supplied by Germany's most fanatical Blasen hater Lutz Møller. I've had my Blasen for 3 years now and I'm still very happy with it 8)

Blasergun, How do they shoot for you??
I've seen a few shot at the range, and wasn't really impressed with the groups. I was wondering what kind of groups a good handloader was able to achieve?

Hi Antelope!

Sorry for the slow reply, but I'm not very active on this forum :wink:
I wont say they are much better than any other rifle.
My best barrel is a 6,5x55 Match/LRS2 which is hole in hole shooting.
The other day my D99 in 9,3x74R did some nice groups while i was developing loads with 250 grain TSX

(I've corrected with 1 click up to the lower target)
TSX-93x74R-D99.jpg

Posting for Paolo....

Ciao Pop

The scan is not very good (I am very bad with computers), but choose the best and please, be kind, post it in the thread concerning Blaser rifles. Here there are the details that I wrote on the target and they are not clear:

AccuBond 200 gr on 68 gr of vihtavuori n560

Primer fed gm 210

Case norma

Partition 180 gr on 69 gr ov vihtavuori n560

Primer fed gm 210

Case norma

Rifle blaser R93 lux with barrel of 650 mm + 3.5 cm of ultraport

Scope: Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 zenith german 4

Shooting distance 250 metres

In next days I will try to send you some interesting pictures about my last hunt.

Ciao,

paolo

DSCN0003.jpg

Back