Blind hog finds an acorn....143ELDX, SuperP max book

A

Anonymous

Despite single digit temperatures....decided I had to go test some loads. Glad I braved the cold- one load proved a winner.

6.5CM, 143 ELD-X, 44.7gr Superformance (book max, Hornady 10th. ed.) seated to 2.808" OAL with a Fed 210 primer.

Thats a 0.546" group for 5 shots. Not bad for a 6 pound carbine.

Attachments

• 143 Superperformance.jpg
    143 Superperformance.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 436
Yup! You're in bragging territory. Congratulations on a fine job developing the load and proving it.

Good load and nice shooting.
Haven't really messed with that powder yet. Guess I may have to.

I've got to admit...I was skeptical of the Superformance powder. I tried it in factory ammo and found it only so-so.

I developed 5 loads with it and everything was "hunting grade" accurate...129 SSTs and 130ABs were about an inch or so and it seemed the hotter loads were better than the middle loads.

I'm anxious to try this load over a chronograph. Thinking it's around 2650fps out of an 18" barrel. The book gives it 2800 in a 24".

Nice Caribou/ Sheep loading right there ! I like it (y) I have not tryed them , but that is a darn nice looking bullet with an amazing BC, great LR medicine right there.
Good luck with em
E

35 Whelen":30ghlkbb said:
Nice Caribou/ Sheep loading right there ! I like it (y) I have not tryed them , but that is a darn nice looking bullet with an amazing BC, great LR medicine right there.
Good luck with em
E

Thanks Earle!

That bullet did really well on a caribou this year and I've got to admit...that svelte little carbine has Dall sheep hunting written all over it.

Very nice. I’ve got the 143’s and 147’s ready to rip. Just need to speed test em.

Back