bob taken with 243 wssm

rhino8888

Beginner
Feb 9, 2006
called in this queen a few weekends ago. shot a 50 yards with nosler 55gr ballistic tip. very little pelt damage. going to get a full mount. wieghed in at 34 lbs.

jeffbobcat1-06.jpg

Nice. I have never been lucky enough to see a bobcat. I have called quite a bit as well. Only thing I ever get in is yotes. Where in Oregon you from. From the looks of the ground, I would say around maybe burns area???

rhino8888,

That is a very nice cat, congratulations. They make a very nice mount.
How do you like your FX3? I have the 416B.

Regards,

JD338

Gorgeous cat. The mount will be very impressive. How does your 243wssm compare to .243Win? I have heard lots of good reports claiming that the .270WSM outshines the parent .270Win, but nothing about how the 243wssm compares to its' parent cartridge.

Remingtonman- I'm from Eugene but you are right, I was "close" to Burns, you know your grounds....nice!

JD338- Love the FX3. Had a few problems with the remote but I've called in game everytime I've been out. If I could shoot worth a darn I'd be 100% kills!! Has lot's of great sounds, I've found that some of the bird in distress work better than the jack sounds they've heard before.

Roysclockgun- don't know how it compares but I'm happy. I also have a 7mmwsm and love it to. both shoot straight (when I do) and are dead flat with the loads I've found. My brother used my 7mmwsm for antelope last year, loaded a 110gr speer bullet and it was flat and long. I use 55gr Nosler in my 243 and it reaches out there!

Nice cat!
I just ordered a 243 WSSM 70 Featherweight!

What was your load?

My dad and I go to burns area to shoot squirrels. The ground looked familiar. I also had an antelope tag for down there last year. Great cat, big to! I didn't think they got that big. Those 55's btips are great on varmints. Usually dont leave exits because there going to damn fast and are very fragile. I use them out of my moms .243 for a "normal" yote rifle. No target scope, just a 3-9 leupold. I worked up a load with h-380 and IMR-4064. I get 4050fps and 3/4" for 3 shots at 100 yards out of a bone stock ruger s/s. They shoot pretty damn flat when sighted 3" high at 100 yards, dead on to 350, hold top of back out to 400. Nice yote/chuck bullet.

Nice gun, Rhino. Is it a Winchester? I have the Super Shadow in the same caliber and recently put a Camo Wildcat Thumbhole stock on it.

Back