53.6 KB · Views: 1,156
  • IMG_2461.jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,156
  • IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,156
Fotis,

Why don't you just open a store? Then you could make money with your obsession.... :>)

Long

I'm interested in your thoughts on the 3-15x when you get it. It seems like a pretty useful unit...

Fotis - re the SWFA scope - years ago a buddy of mine really impressed me with his SWFA fixed 10x Super Sniper. It was quite a scope, particularly considering the budget price! One thing that he found was that the windage and elevation adjustments worked MUCH better after he'd gone in and cleaned the fairly heavy grease from them, replacing the grease with a very light lube. Then the "clicks" were much more positive.

I don't know if that's still the case with the newer SWFA SS scopes. I do know that he did real well in competition with his, and kept it as a "backup" scope for his competition rifles for a long time. Heck, he may still have it.

Re the Nightforce, that's one model I've been very interested in for some time, but I've never messed with one. Looked like a good way to get Nightforce quality in a scope that would serve very well on a hunting rifle. Please give us a detailed report when you can. Particularly interested in how well it does, or doesn't do, in low-light scenarios, and if you're able to get sufficient eye/forehead relief from prone, with a heavy-kicking rifle...

Regards, Guy

Oldtrader3":2k2aecd5 said:
The Nightforce scope should hold together for you on the .378 Weatherby monster!

I am telling you if it does not then I am totally done with it. I will sell it to someone who is happy with a leupold 6x36 on it or a m8 4 power. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

These are the ones that all the others are running on the 378's.

Guy I will.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the NIghtforce.. I hate big scopes but that's "big scope" features in a small scope package.

Seems heavy for it's size but that's why the rifle is so light...

NF should be here today!

Will mount on 378. Already mounted Warne Steel bases and rings. Lapped the rings this past weekend.

Fotis, those are both very good scopes. My God son place a NF on his 338 Laupa after Bushnell would not honour life time warranty :evil:. He has been spoiled as he says and he does not want to look through any other scope :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

That is what I hear. I did have one on my 375 Snipetac though. Great glass.

Attachments

• elvi.jpg
    elvi.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,024
  • elvi1.jpg
    elvi1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,024
Fotis,

Are the turrets available for the caliber, velocity and bullet you are using?

Or maybe can be ordered later?

Kodiak":2baybgyh said:
Fotis,

Are the turrets available for the caliber, velocity and bullet you are using?

Or maybe can be ordered later?

I only do MOA or Mils. No caliber specific.

ccoker":2x3afq1k said:
Nice

I have the new NightForce 2.5-10X42 I am testing I really like.

I wanted the 42mm, but could not beat this deal

Very nice Fotis. Interested in hearing how the NF holds up and what you think of the glass.

Supposed to be upgraded glass from the old stuff right?

Not sure. I know the compacts came out this year.

Back