Bullet production ???

wingnut

Beginner
Jan 17, 2007
Nosler-

I know your production people are busting a hump trying to meet demand. However, us reloaders would like to know IF there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. Please give us some general insight into your backlogs and forecasts?

Why? Because my wife says that if I'm not going to use my handloading equipment I might as well sell it! I would gladly use it if I could get components, including your bullets. :(

Thanks in advance.

wingnut

What calibers, bullet styles and weights are you looking for?

JD338

JD338":12lqvhij said:
wingnut

What calibers, bullet styles and weights are you looking for?

JD338

I was asking the question in a general sense. But by looking at what is on the shelves at the Pro Shop and Bivwak, there is a paucity of about everything but 30 cal 155g comp's and 7mm AB's.

Big game season is upon us. I have that barely covered. I know some of us don't. And, we want to know if we need to be worried about spring varmint season. Just saying.

Most of the manufacturers have been producing what is in high demand.You can't blame them,but a lot of the obscure calibers sold off the shelves a while back.I am still looking for .41 mag bullets from any of the manufactures.No luck yet.I am glad I cast my own bullets. :grin:

A-Sniper-

Please re-read my last post. Paucity means shortage, scarcity, lack of.

Nosler -

How about just a hint, please.

Wingnut,
I have found plenty of bullets on line at several different sites. Cabelas is likely the most famous. In general, I don't buy at retail because often they don't have exactly what I want, as their stocking costs would be very high. But, online has not been an issue for bullets.

You might ask the retailer what the problem actually is. Could be lack of supply, but also could be shelf space... Bottom line, I can find them pretty easily. Now, primers are a different story, but even powder is beginning to get better.
Hardpan

Sorry I missed this one! :oops:

We're running 6 days a week to keep up with the increased demand and we're shipping product daily. I can't give you any information on current order volume but I can tell you that our Pro Shop is seeing more ammunition, powder, brass, etc. then they did in the last few months which leads me to believe things are loosening up a bit.

As some of you have mentioned, BivWak is a great place to look for some of the hard to find stuff and there are quite a few places out there that have great backorder systems. For example, Midway is accepting backorders on 30 165gr. AccuBonds with an expected in-stock date of 8/3.

We'll keep making bullets so long as you guys keep shooting them. :grin:

Thanks Nosler4!
You keep making em and we will keep shooting em. :grin:

JD338

Back