Burris bad! Redfield Good??

If you were meaning to say Redfield then that post makes sense. Redfield promotes the snot out of the Usa made thing. Leupold does not.

But this raises an interesting thought. Are the Redfields only assembled here using some foreign parts? Which would be enough to claim Made in the USA. Although a half claim in my opinion.

Leupold promotes nothing like that at all.

I can tell you with certainty Leupold at one time had imported all the glass they were using from Japan.

Yeah, the Redfield line is very similar to the Rifleman line. I believe some, if not most of the mechanical components are imported from somewhere in Asia, and the glass comes from Asia or Europe... probably Asia.

What the heck, the big three auto makers claim to be American made, but mostly of foreign (Mexican/Canadian) parts and assemblies.

I read some where that it has been years since any Glass of significance was ground and polished in the USA.... I could be mistaken..... Just somthing I thought I read. My concern is who put it together, who says its "good enough", where do I send it if it breaks and do I have to press one for english? Luey for me when I can afford it. CL

It is nice living (well, sorta...) near the Leupold repair facility, not that I've ever had to use it. I keep threatening to take a VX III is for an M1 turret and a new reticle, but things keep coming up.

Greg Nolan":1f0pyc5j said:
I have a dilemma! My Rem 673 with sights excepts a scope of up to 35mm with 3" or less objective bell length.
Solution (1) Buy a Burris 2-7x35 Bal. Plx. ($169)
Result (1) One of the lenses flipped over sideways on the first shot. HMMMMMM!!
Solution (2) Buy a Leupold 3-9x33 LR ret. ($326) Ouch
Solution (3) Buy a Redfield 2-7x33 Accutrac ret. ($159) ????
Solution (4) Any Ideas

Greg. I have a like new 2x7x33 Compact Leupy if you want it. 170 shipped. I had it on my 673 but never fired the gun before I sold it.. PM me

I own a few Leupys and a couple of very old Redfields.

If the glass used in todays Reds are entirely "made" in the USA, why doesn't Leup. use the Redf . facility to manufacture their "glass" ? Geeeze?

Or maybe there's something here I just don't understand :oops: :lol: !

I have two Redfields with the AccuRange reticles. I like them. For me, their warranty, price, clarity, and great reticle are what works very well. You can pay more for a Leupold, but you're getting Leupold's customer service and warranty when you get a Redfield. I even got the Revolution scope with the built-in range finding reticle, but I don't have a report for you all on that 'cause I haven't fired the rifle yet. Soon, you'll get the range report. Meantime, the Redfield gets my votes.

Kodiak":1qacovxa said:
I own a few Leupys and a couple of very old Redfields.

If the glass used in todays Reds are entirely "made" in the USA, why doesn't Leup. use the Redf . facility to manufacture their "glass" ? Geeeze?

Or maybe there's something here I just don't understand :oops: :lol: !

Most manufacturing company CEO's would not be caught dead at their Carribean Golf Junket, Business Meetings not being able to say that their manufacturing operations are "Transnational or Worldwide" in scope. They would be too embarrassed even to spend $50 K expenses per meeting (that's not even for the Corporate Jet) and show their faces with other CEO's.

Back