Burris Scopes

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Was just looking at some of the holiday sales and saw where there were some good prices on the Burris scopes. Any one use them and how do they compare to others in their price range?

I have had 3 FF II's two 2-7x35's and a 3-9x40. Two have been good but one went belly up pretty quick on a 35 Whelen, Burris sent us a brand new scope to replace it which we have put on my Wife's 6.5x55. Other than that they have held up fine, in fact a well used 2-7x35's is siting on the 358 Norma right now and has done well so far. I believe they are good scopes for the money and would buy another, have to say though I wish they would offer the FF II 6x40 fixed power again since I like fixed power scopes more these days than variables.

Thanks Jerry, one of the venders is offering a FF-II 4.5-14X42 with their ballistic plex reticule for $299 with a $100 rebate with final cost of $199.00. Very tempting deal.

truck driver":1a66uvn8 said:
Thanks Jerry, one of the venders is offering a FF-II 4.5-14X42 with their ballistic plex reticule for $299 with a $100 rebate with final cost of $199.00. Very tempting deal.

I have this exact scope. It is great. Not great like a Leupold or Swarovski or Vortex, but works well, takes abuse and holds zero. For the same amount of money, I would prob buy a VXI when they go on sale toward Christmas.

I have this 4.5-14 on my 7WSM. It has been solid so far but it is not nearly as clear as my Zeiss or Meopta glass. The eye relief is only fair. It will tag you in the forehead given a chance. $199 is a hell of a deal for that scope.

I have 2 4.5-14s and they get moved around on 223, 243, 308, 7mm mag and 300 wsm T3 lite

never had a moments trouble

truck driver":1dsz8xkr said:

I have one of those - Excellent scope - just a bit on the heavy side - Functiions fine ! Heck of a GREAT price ! (y) RJ

Back